Sea Miles

somuchluv

Has anyone tried to redeem sea miles from their carnival mc? I have thought about getting one but I am afraid of extreme black out dates, etc. Just wandering if anyone here has had experience with it!

Thanks!

Has anyone tried to redeem sea miles from their carnival mc? I have thought about getting one but I am afraid of extreme black out dates, etc. Just wandering if anyone here has had experience with it!

Thanks!

I've had the card two months and I am just under the amount needed for the $500 off. I'll probably take the whole family on a cruise this May...so I'll redeem it then. I won't know until a month or so from now when I book.

I've had the card two months and I am just under the amount needed for the $500 off. I'll probably take the whole family on a cruise this May...so I'll redeem it then. I won't know until a month or so from now when I book.

TXROO,

I hate to be the one to tell you,but that is not going to happen.You are missing one part. The wording is "up to" $500 off.

I have already investigated that for a cruise June and the bottom line is the real value of that reward if I wanted to use it in my case here is about $30.

The pricing is not discounted from CCLs site and a TA can discount it so right there you are a couple hundred short.This was also the same cruise as the CC group cruise listed and if you look at those prices, the value of the $500 off is worse.

After checking with a PVP and 2 online sites, especially the one that deals only with emails.The value is $30 from one, nothing with the other and a loser versus the CC group cruise rates.

I spent almost an hour with Seamiles on the phone and they still are not up to speed.The only real value is the free cruise with very little blackout dates.

Steve

Anyone transfer the unused credits from Cap 1 to seamiles?

They won't let you do it yet.It is automatic in May I believe. I tried.

I have almost 80,000 on cap1 and I already have about 26,000 on seamiles so as soon as the transfer happens I have enough for a free 7 day cruise in an outside cabin.

Steve

Well Steve...I use a TA, one of the few reputable ones in town and they don't discount the prices...only if they have a group cruise booked...so that doesn't help me as it is. If they are offering the same price as Carnival, then it is no bother to me...but I hate the whole not knowing. I am probably going to pay it off and just go for the icruise card...I will probably check out the RCCL card.

Well Steve...I use a TA, one of the few reputable ones in town and they don't discount the prices...only if they have a group cruise booked...so that doesn't help me as it is. If they are offering the same price as Carnival, then it is no bother to me...but I hate the whole not knowing. I am probably going to pay it off and just go for the icruise card...I will probably check out the RCCL card.

Txroo,

I have the icruise card and I don't like the ceiling on the number of points you can earn in a year. Its like 27,000 or 28,000. So I get to use it for 2 months and then I put it away for 10 months. The RCCL card is no better if not worse than seamiles.It is almost worth it to get a cash back card and pay for your own.

Steve

I also have the icruise card. I'm a big fan of it. This is the second time I am redeeming miles in two years. The time frame is rolling, so it's not a calender

year. I redeemed last Feb for a Oct cruise and now I will redeem in May for

the remainder of my upcoming Aug cruise. Got $1000 off of the first and will

get the same off of my next. Saw info on Seamiles and a new Celebrity card.

I don't think anything compares to icruise.

Archived