Just for fun: Do you have a favorite picture?

bmichael415

Most people have a favorite picture that they have taken on a cruise. Be it of land, people, ships, the ocean.... whatever.

This thread will be to share those pictures with others. Post your picture along with some info.... when and where it was taken, who is in it, etc....

I'll start.

RCCrossing.jpg

This one was taken from the Bow of the Caribbean Princess in 2008 - on my birthday. We were sailing out of St Maarten that evening and the CD took our FOD group up to the bow for a special sunset sail away party. It was one of the best moments of my life. I remember it being particularly warm that evening and the salty breeze hitting us in the face as we sailed off into the sunset. The ship you see in the picture is RCL - can't remember which one.

A group of us spent the day traversing the alleys and canals of Venice, Italy. After a long day of exploring, we had a relaxing lunch and took the tender back to Celebrity's Millennium... One of the guys snapped this picture of me completely exhausted, but happy... This was my first cruise and I knew it wouldn't be my last...

1348304753_joealex.jpg.2b50e2d202983fb36130c4946bfa3eea.jpg

It is difficult to select a "favourite" from all the cruises we have taken. But here is at least an interesting shot of a US nuclear sub traversing the Panama Canal headed for the Atlantic as we pressed on to the Pacific. An unusual site in the canal we thought.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i398/M888rgaret/Panama032.jpg

It is difficult to select a "favourite" from all the cruises we have taken. But here is at least an interesting shot of a US nuclear sub traversing the Panama Canal headed for the Atlantic as we pressed on to the Pacific. An unusual site in the canal we thought.

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i398/M888rgaret/Panama032.jpg

That is a very cool picture! And look at them standing out there with no railings or anything. I would have drunkenly stumbled off the edge!

That is a very cool picture! And look at them standing out there with no railings or anything. I would have drunkenly stumbled off the edge!

When you are sitting on top of what they are sailing on, what's a railing?

St Maarten, 2007. We stopped on our way to Orient Beach and the driver let us get out to take pictures. This is when I fell in love with cruising and knew it would be a long affair. You ever get the feeling that you were just born to be on the water?

100_4409.jpg

St Maarten, 2007. We stopped on our way to Orient Beach and the driver let us get out to take pictures. This is when I fell in love with cruising and knew it would be a long affair. You ever get the feeling that you were just born to be on the water?

I hear ya. I took my first cruise in 1997 and my passion for cruising and being surrounded by water has not changed after 16 cruises. I even hate going to landlock states. I need to be near an ocean at all times.

St Maarten, 2007. We stopped on our way to Orient Beach and the driver us get out to take pictures. This is when I fell in love with cruising and knew it would be a long affair. You ever get the feeling that you were just born to be on the water?

We have taken more than 25 cruises and have logged well over 250 sea days. It all started with a poem I remember reading many years ago;

http://www.poetseers.org/the_great_poets/misc/i_must_go_down_to_the_sea/

Most people have a favorite picture that they have taken on a cruise. Be it of land, people, ships, the ocean.... whatever.

This thread will be to share those pictures with others. Post your picture along with some info.... when and where it was taken, who is in it, etc....

I'll start.

RCCrossing.jpg

This one was taken from the Bow of the Caribbean Princess in 2008 - on my birthday. We were sailing out of St Maarten that evening and the CD took our FOD group up to the bow for a special sunset sail away party. It was one of the best moments of my life. I remember it being particularly warm that evening and the salty breeze hitting us in the face as we sailed off into the sunset. The ship you see in the picture is RCL - can't remember which one.

That is FANTASTIC picture!

Archived