Halifax/St John weather

ajenali

Temperatures in June can vary greatly here in Saint John. A nice sunny day can bring temps in the 70's but a foggy, misty day will lower them into the low 60's.

Even if the day starts off cold and foggy, if the fog burns off it will be quite warm by noon.

Layering is your best bet. If you are taking an excursion that will take you along the seashore it is always best to have a sweatshirt handy. The breeze off the water in June will be cool---a land breeze will be warm.

At sea it is a different story. Even if it is in the 80's on land in July and August it will be cold at sea, especially with the ship underway. You will need a sweater and jacket. Back in the days when I used to sail, I usually wore a toque on my head on the bay in the middle of summer. This, on days when it was sweltering on shore.

The temps and conditions would be similar for both Halifax and Saint John at that time of year. They are not that far apart.

Archived