san francisco hotel

klee wyck

We are planning to make our first visit to San Francisco the beginning of October. We want to stay in The Fisherman’s Warf area also. I tried putting in the dates on Hotwire and got some reasonable rates. There is a 3 ½ star for $85.00 a night. I am clueless as to what hotel it is. I tried comparing it to the list of Priceline hotels but have no idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sweet Sea,

I'm pretty sure the only Hotwire 3.5* hotel (@FW) is the Tuscan Inn, which is a pretty nice place to stay. The FW area is still far enough away that a taxi is required to get to the ship with all that luggage. $85 for that hotel is a great deal.

We are going in two weeks (Mercury) and I bid Union Square 4* and got the Hilton Union Square for $79 a night. We have stayed at the Tuscan and the area is great, but we prefer Union Square because of all the great restaurants. Since both areas require a taxi to the ship, it does not really matter. Having said that, if you have never been to San Francisco, I would consider staying at FW.

Good luck!

Kel

Thank-You for your help Kel…I think I know the other hotels listed on Hotwire for those dates.The Hayatt and the 2 Holiday Inns are my guess. I have read some very favorable reviews on The Tucson Inn. The price of $85.00 per night make this a great deal…We are planning on spending 3 nights in San Francisco.. Its will be our first visit so most of our time will be spent sightseeing. Thanks for the tips on getting to the pier…I am sure it will come in very handy someday. We are not cruising from San Francisco on this trip. This will be a stop-over to help break up our long flight from the east coast. We will be flying on to Honolulu and boarding The Serenade there.

Thanks again....Debbie

Archived