free stuff?

Scorpiorose

I was really looking forward to some great cruise tips, like free champagne at the art auction and free caviar in a corner of the ship (both available on RCCL)

....thanks to those of you who are helpful ;)

:mad:....jeers to Zimoiller and Jarz85 - Cruise Critic isn't for you perhaps......

Actually, with a lack of a sense of humor, I believe you have it bassackwards.

Here are some notes re all the free stuff we have received on previous NCL cruises. I update it an repost it now and then.

It used to be that when we first got on a NCL ship, they gave us a free glass of champagne. Damn nice. (Unfortunately they have stopped this practice for some reason. They called it an upgrade)

On the first day of the cruise before sail away when I went on deck one of the waiters handed me another free drink in a fancy glass. He must have thought I was famous because he asked me for an autograph. That continued all the first day. They must have figured out later I was a nobody because no one handed me any fancy drinks after day one.

Every time we went up to the pools, especially very early in the morning, the poolside deck loungers had an incredible selection of free sandals, towels, books and suntan lotion placed on them. There was almost no one in sight so I figured that NCL must put these out each AM for anyone to use although I did see an occasional argument over possession of the freebies later in the mornings……

We forgot to pack beach towels, but no problem, they were free on board. Early in the mornings there were tons of em on chairs around the pool also. We have discovered that they make great wedding gifts.

One day on our last NCL cruise they had a free chocolate food seminar/buffet in one of the dining rooms. Looked a bit too dangerous with all the shoving and pushing so we did not try it.

If you did not like to take showers, they had these big multi-person bathtubs on pool deck that were free to use. They were really hot and the scrubbing bubbles were a nice touch, although they sure did foam and bubble up somethin fierce with my shampoo and body latherin soaps. Never had to worry about privacy as the people in the tub before me would always leave whenever I started scrubbin.

Every day there were plenty of free plates and silverware and condiments in the hallways to choose from. Pretty heavy to pack, so we limited ourselves to a few settings. Kind of wished they had cleaned it first, but hey, it was free.

Everywhere ya went, it seemed like they had free hand lotion dispensers. Saw the when we were getting on and off the ship, near the dining rooms, in the showers.

Our supply of free multicolored glassware and plastic cups has skyrocketed. Sure is nice of NCL to give us those special glasses for free. Although I suspect they may have jacked their drink prices up to cover for them....

Every night at dinnertime we had a tough time choosing which restaurant to eat. We would go to each hostess stand and get one of them free buzzer things that look like a garage door opener and whatever one went off first, that’s where we went to dinner. By the end of the week, we had quite a supply of them. We will be selling em on Ebay soon cheap, so maybe you can pick one up for your cruise.

Dinners were a surprise as they came with unlimited free drinks, if you liked water or iced T. You could get as many serving of food as you wanted as well. I think I set some kind of eating record when I ordered two lobster tails, the waiter sure acted like it.

We had been on an NCL ship before so we got invited to a party (I think they called it attitudes) and we did manage to snag a bunch of free drinks and hors de ovaries. Pretty kewl, we got to rub elbows with the Captain, staff and some blue bloods. I think someone special was supposed to be there as I kept hearing people talking in whispers about Hunnoro Vyrus. Never saw him though.

When we sailed to the NCL private island they gave us free cruise tickets to get on another ship to go over and come back because our ship was too big and we could not dock. I always wanted to sail on the Norway. Was not as big as I expected.

They advertised that they had a free Bar B Q on the island, except all we found were hotdogs, hamburgs and pizza. Musta been on the other side of the island.

They had these free magic signs that you put in your door. They worked every time. If you put the “Do not disturb” side up, your room was like frozen in time and was EXACTLY the same when you came back. And if you turned it over to the make up room side, when you returned, it was like magic, everything was clean and tidy like when you first walked in. I took several home, routed out the same size slot in our bedroom door, stuck in a sign, and nothing, the magic was gone…..

There were some very kewl free animals left in our room every night too. The wife was kinda disappointed when we got home because when she washed em they turned into towels. I think she washed the magic outta them too.

By the end of the cruise we must have accumulated a couple hundred free cookies, good thing we brought ziplocks.

Our favorite free stuff was on the last night of the cruise. They hauled all sorts of boxes of free booze out from somewhere and left them as presents for some cabins right outside the door! We did not get one, but I know the kids in the cabin across the hall were too young to drink so we removed the temptation before they saw it.

On the way off the ship, just before going to customs they had a terrific selection of free fruits sitting in some crates on the ground for everyone to grab. The wife packed her carryon full of em for the trip home. The customs guys must be underpaid and underfed as they confiscated every damn one of em.

This is just too dam$ funny. I laughed at every line I read!!!!:D:D:D

Archived