Carnival gets into Nassau at 11:30 and Blue Lagoon

In2why

I like the looks of Blue Lagoon, but I am wondering if anyone knows whether the excursions through Carnival leave from the docks? I see the beach day available directly but by the time we got to the ferry and got there they look like they are closing?

Does the Carnival excursion leave before the reported 1:30pm time? When do they kick you off the Island? We are in port until 10pm so there isn't a concern getting back, and we would want to spend as much time as possible on the beach.

You may scroll through this board as I have seen a similar question on this topic before on here. Go back a few pages. or also try the search box and type in the Blue Lagoon and you may get the answer you are looking for.

Also try searching Yahoo or Google for Paradise Is Ferry Terminal. Should give you ferry times for Blue Lagoon.

We went independently on the 1:30 boat for our dolphin swim at 4:00 at Blue Lagoon. Just about everyone on the island was leaving on the 2:00 boat back. We had the whole place to ourselves until 3:45 when we went for our dolphin swim. We took the last ferry back, which goes back after the last dolphin swims and encounters at about 5:45. The gift shop was open and I assuming the beach was open up until then. Unless Carnival or another cruise ship books dolphin swims and excursions in that 4 o'clock time slot for their passengers, you are going to get dropped off at the Paradise Island Marina and not the cruise ship dock when you return. You would just have to catch a cab($4 each and a 5 minute ride) back to the dock. If you book through the ship, they will pick you up at the dock and probably recommend you come back at 4:00. I would stay, have the beach to yourself, and comeback on the last boat to the Marina, and catch a cab to maximize your time on the island.

I'm not saying that these posters aren't gibing you thier experiences, I'm just warning you to not expect the same for all days, all trips.

Each day can change, so it's best that you call the dolphin encounter and ask.

On most days, the last boat off the island is 4pm (beach closes at 3pm).

So unless you are on a ships tour that stays later on a particular day, the transportation is NOT usually available to you.

They have many special charters and ships tours throughout the year. What happens on one day, may not be the same on the day you arrive.

call them for your date and time.

Apparently then the last boat off the island for beach goers is 4pm because you can go on the 3:30 boat for a 4pm swim or encounter. The 4 o'clock swims and encounters look like they are a daily option on their website. Scubagirrl lives there and knows more about it than I do, but I promise I didn't come back until it was dark(5:40-5:45pm in December). We were lucky. Our ship didn't leave until 11:30pm and the other four ships all left between 4:00-5:30. If you call or email, they respond rather quickly!

Apparently then the last boat off the island for beach goers is 4pm because you can go on the 3:30 boat for a 4pm swim or encounter. The 4 o'clock swims and encounters look like they are a daily option on their website. Scubagirrl lives there and knows more about it than I do, but I promise I didn't come back until it was dark(5:40-5:45pm in December). We were lucky. Our ship didn't leave until 11:30pm and the other four ships all left between 4:00-5:30. If you call or email, they respond rather quickly!

I didn't try and infer that you didn't do what you said, just that some days are different, and some seasons are different as well. So the best thing to do is check with the company for what's happening on the day you want to go.

It's a wonderful tour. a don't miss in my book, but the one off's are very confusing.

Archived