How often do you?

Bosyn

For those that have booked at cruise already, how often do you check to see if the price has gone down to try and get OBC?

I booked the 6/5/2011 on Legend and I find myself looking daily LOL

Same here. Especially on days Im at work. Even do it multiple times a day. On weekends while Im at home not us much.

I am on the computer and have a short cut to the "fare checker" page at Carnival. It only takes a short time and can pay some nice dividends. Matter of fact I found $40.00 per person just this week for Renee and I as well as 4 other cabins!.

Hi, my name is Serena and I am an OBC-a-holic. I check daily.:o

Funny thing is, DH and I were sitting there last night, both on our lap-tops and he checked the rates for our Dream cruise in July and there were no reductions. I checked 5 minutes later and there were - go figure :rolleyes:. Anywho, we got our 1st $60.00 of hopefully many OBC's!

Doesnt work for us here in the UK. We secure our deal, pay our non refundable deposit, and thats it...unless someone else knows different then please advise me.. I just dont look at prices after I have booked, especially in the UK where travel agents will offer "last minute deals" which make you :mad:

If I am happy with the price we have paid, the vacation we have chosen, then its "go with the flow".

have to add though, if we could price check and drop, for sure, with the cost of air travel often being more for us than the cruise itself..I would be checking weekly!

Hi, my name is Serena and I am an OBC-a-holic. I check daily.:o

Funny thing is, DH and I were sitting there last night, both on our lap-tops and he checked the rates for our Dream cruise in July and there were no reductions. I checked 5 minutes later and there were - go figure :rolleyes:. Anywho, we got our 1st $60.00 of hopefully many OBC's!

Can I join OBC Anonymous too? I check multiple times per day from the moment I book. We're cruising on the Legend in April, and so far, I've cashed in on 3-4 price reductions. :)

Rena, your DH may need to clear his browser's cache. It could be that he hit the page stored by the browser instead of getting the latest and greatest.

Can I join OBC Anonymous too? I check multiple times per day from the moment I book. We're cruising on the Legend in April, and so far, I've cashed in on 3-4 price reductions. :)

Rena, your DH may need to clear his browser's cache. It could be that he hit the page stored by the browser instead of getting the latest and greatest.

He's an IT geek, so that was probably not the case.

Currently daily, but I am about to stop looking as my category has not been included under early saver for a while now, and the amount equivalent to what I paid is a huge category downgrade from what I currently have booked.

The program that dictates pricing runs every three hours. So, for those of you addicted to OBC chasing you may want to revise your schedule!!

:)

That's probably why there were no reductions when DH looked and they were there when I checked.

Darn it, I thought it was just me and my magic touch! :rolleyes::p

The program that dictates pricing runs every three hours. So, for those of you addicted to OBC chasing you may want to revise your schedule!!

:)

Oh boy!

This little tidbit of info has just turned my "small" addiction into a huge obsession! ;)

Does the OBC for price drops only apply for early saver rates. I have friends on the same cruise that booked too late to get early saver rates on the category they wanted and had to go though fun select rates. Should I be checking for price drops there too, or does it not matter?

Does the OBC for price drops only apply for early saver rates. I have friends on the same cruise that booked too late to get early saver rates on the category they wanted and had to go though fun select rates. Should I be checking for price drops there too, or does it not matter?

You can still get the price drop up until the final payment is made. Then no OBC unless you book early saver.

How do you clear your browser's cache?

I want to make sure I am checking the correct prices!

In IE - Tools>Internet Options, then on the General tab under Browsing history, click [Delete]. Delete the "Temporary Internet Files" (no need to check the other boxes).

In Firefox, press Ctrl+Shift+Delete on your keyboard, then check the box to clear your cache and [OK].

For those of you who get price drops (not just obc) before final payment, make sure you ask about your travel insurance rate as well. I saved $10pp on our insurance rate with our first price drop because the price drop put our cruise in a lower price range with the insurance company.

Another tip for the price check anonymous, remember to add government fees into your price when you check fare viewer. I thought I found $160 of OBC before my PVP reminded me of that. But I am not deterred. I will find it!!

Another tip for the price check anonymous, remember to add government fees into your price when you check fare viewer. I thought I found $160 of OBC before my PVP reminded me of that. But I am not deterred. I will find it!!

Just check the base price of what you paid against the base price listed.

Archived