Fishing excursions in Alaska

waterlogs

Sailing on the Norwegian Pearl in July.

Have gone to Alaska on cruises before - years ago - and had a mix of good/bad fishing trips.

Anyone recommend private charters for Salmon/Halibut fishing trips in Ketchikan and Juneau?

I know the line offers many excursions, and even private NCL excursions, but I have also seen lots of websites for private companies. Would love anyone's input on this!

Thanks!

go over to the alaska port-of-calls boards. some of the experts have names and numbers for local fishing charters. if you goggle juneau or ketchikan, they have web sites with local information.

i did my fishing in steward, that won't help you since your cruise is not going in that direction. junueau is great for many things...including whale watching. ketchikan has a big sign "salmon capital". most of the charters, you aren't allowed to hold the pole, so be prepared for that...ask when you book how much you will be able to do beside just reel them in.

Last year we booked Northern Lights Charters in Ketchikan and the 4 of us had a blast. We went mid June. He (Ken) mostly does salmon, but I was not interested in salmon as we do a lot of that here in MI, so we went bottom fishing. He put us on fish right away and the action was literally non stop! Everything from pacific cod to sharks to sole to rockfish to halibut... He is a super guide and a great guy! He arranged to have our bounty processed and shipped home and we are still enjoying it!

We had a morning charter, he met us at the ship. After the trip we still had time to explore the port.

Archived