on my passport I hyphenate my name but.....

cruisingbooboo

On my passport and licence my name is hyphenated but my DH was rushing when he booked our cruise and only booked me under my married name, will this be a problem? Thanks for your help in advance :)

I don't know for sure, but if it were me, I would definitely call NCL and have them change the name on the booking so that it matches your passport and license. Wouldn't risk finding out what happens at the port if it is not okay. They should be able to do this without a problem (there are ship manifests that need to be finalized but I think that is very close to sailing).

Coffeecat

I sailed two weeks ago with Carnival. My name on my passport and driver license is hyphenated. But on Carnival there is no hyphen - just both last names.

I didn't have any problem.

If you are like me, you have experienced MULTIPLE problems with a hyphenated last name. Strangely I have had none with traveling - which I do a fair amount of!

But it looks like you have time and given it's just a phone call, I would go ahead and make sure if you have any questions. Good luck!

I don't know if you are driving or flying to your cruise port. If you are flying be very sure that your name on your ticket matches exactly to what you have on your passport and/or driver's license. They have gotten very very strict about this. Just some info I hope will be helpful to you. Hope you have a really great time on your cruise!:D

If your DH only put one of the hyphenated names on NCL's record, you will need to call them asap to correct this. If both names are there (with one as your middle name, for instance) you might be OK.

DD & I both have hyphenated last names and recently sailed the Jewel together. NCL ran her two names all together (one big word). For me, they put a space between the names where the hyphen would usually be. For both of us, this was in the area for last name- NCL also had our first names and middle initials. Since both of our passports show hyphens, we were a little concerned, but neither of us was questioned. We did find out that we would have been in trouble if one of the hyphenated words was missing from the manifest list (NCL's list).

Hi, I also hyphenate, and I would call NCL and get it fixed. I travel a lot internationally and sometimes my name does get entered wrong-- no hyphen, or with a space, or one ridiculously long run-on name, or they put the first part as my middle name instead of my last name-- the options to mess it up are limitless!! I have never had a big problem-- if you travel with multiple pieces of ID, you can always prove it's you and that the mistake was on their end. However, in this case you know in advance that a mistake was made, so I would fix it just to avoid any grief or delay when you get to port. A phone call, and maybe faxing a copy of a piece of ID should be enough.

FYI, when I reserved by phone, my PCC got my last name wrong, but I noticed it when I got my emailed copy of the reservation, so I just emailed her back to fix it and it was done. Now I just have to convince them that I go by my middle name rather than my first name....:eek::eek::eek:

Archived