Safe not sorry

This is our first time cruising and we have decided to rent a car for the full week we are staying in Florida. Our port is Cape Canavarel and we want to know about parking the rental at the port. Is it safe from theft or vandelism? Or is there a better place to park? Our cruise is for 4 days.

Have parked there numerous times. There is a parking garage as well as uncovered overflow parking. Lot is fenced and secure and port is not in a "bad" area of town. 10 dollars a day. Have fun.

Never considered that we would have to pay for the parking as well. Thanks for that info.

If you are staying at a nearby hotel before or after your cruise you can probably park on their property at no cost...there is a shuttle available to the pier...I think 15.00...cheaper than parking for 4 days...?

In my experience, parking at pier has always been very safe...never had a problem...

We parked at Port Canaveral in May'04 - no problem. And yes, you do have to pay $10/day -- and you pre-pay it when you arrive. I can't recall...it may have to be paid in cash?? (I might be confusing that with when we left out of Baltomore a few years ago...)

- PAGA

Some hotels in the Port Canaveral area offer free parking and free shuttle if you stay there prior to your cruise. Something worth checking into. I know a lot of people on this board have stayed at and recommend the Radisson.

Because we are ariving 2 days eairler to go to Epcot center, we will be staying in Kissimmee and driving to Port Canaveral. So I don't think the hotel is a option. Not a problem though. Seems cheaper then having to pay any repair fee's in case it is damaged on the property though.

Archived