Free soft drinks question

Free sodas are provided at a self-serve beverage station on Deck 9 near the Mickey pool. They are also provided free of charge at dinner. If you order from a bar, waiter or room service you will be charged for them. Have a great time and you will love your first cruise!

My apologies. You will not be charged in the dining rooms no matter what meal you are there for, unless that has changed recently to not include lunch/breakfast, but I don't believe it has.

We still bring it on board with us because first of all, I prefer ginger ale, but more importantly, I don't always feel like running all the way to deck 9 aft for drink. Especially if I'm heading in the other direction. They charge for soda in the bars and clubs. I think you have to pay for it through room service. If you have a verandah, it's nice to sit out there with a cool drink and not have to trek all over the ship to get it.

Have a great time. You will LOVE IT.

Rachel

I don't know about not charging for soda's at lunch. As far as I know if you want a soda you have to ask for one, and be charged. They do offer fruit punch and lemonade and iced tea at lunch buffet at no charge. I know you don't pay at dinner, but probably at lunch. There is a beverage area on deck with coffee, tea, milk, lemonade and maybe fruit punch, available all day. pj

I just got off the Magic on Saturday. You do not have to pay for soda at any of the sit down meals at the three rotational restaurants ... breakfast, lunch or dinner. Soda is not available at Topsiders on deck 9, although the soda station is right outside the door and is available 24/7. If you ask for a soda anywhere else on the ship... at a bar, at the theatre, sitting by the pool etc... you will be charged for the soda AND a 15% gratuity.

I just got off the Magic on Saturday. You do not have to pay for soda at any of the sit down meals at the three rotational restaurants ... breakfast, lunch or dinner. Soda is not available at Topsiders on deck 9, although the soda station is right outside the door and is available 24/7. If you ask for a soda anywhere else on the ship... at a bar, at the theatre, sitting by the pool etc... you will be charged for the soda AND a 15% gratuity.

We were on the Magic in January and totally agree with Laujac. But I can't remember if it was free at the lunch on Castaway Cay.

• 2 weeks later...

We just sailed last week. Soda is available at no extra charge at all of the dining rooms. It is also available at Topsiders buffet at the end of the line near the other beverages. Deck 9 also has soda at the beverage station. Soda is also available at no extra charge at Castaway Cay. The only time soda is an additional charge is at the bars and room service.

Have a great time! We had a blast!

I know we're talking about free soft drinks here, but they used to have a system where you buy a plastic mug and get free refills throughout the voyage. They would also put a sticker on your room key-card that entitled you to unlimited (fountain) soft drinks anywhere on the ship. Is that still available?

I know we're talking about free soft drinks here, but they used to have a system where you buy a plastic mug and get free refills throughout the voyage. They would also put a sticker on your room key-card that entitled you to unlimited (fountain) soft drinks anywhere on the ship. Is that still available?

No, they have done away with the mug program and offer the soda at the beverage station free of additional charge.

Archived