Dickenson bay / Runaway Bay/ Valley Church

scumbers

Hi

i have posted on the ports of call but not had any replies so thought id try here

we are due in antigua mid feb woooooooooo

we are not sure whether to take the ships tour to dickenson bay or take a taxi to either runaway bay / valley church beach

can someone please give me advise on which is the better beach to go to e.g. chairs, toilets, food , drinks etc

cheers:)

Well.....I can vouch for Valley Church. Love that beach. It will not be as crowded as the others and that's what I like. The beach bar, called the Nest, and run by Elvis....is very good. Good drinks and food at reasonable prices. You can rent chairs for $5 each and umbrellas.....although umbrellas aren't necessary as there is plenty of natural shade. The current was just a tad rough the day we were there in December, but it's not always that way. I got knocked down by a wave and got scraped a little, but it didn't bother me.....guess I must have had just enough beer! By the way....you can get a bucket of beer (6) for $15. Bathrooms are clean. Lots of beautiful shells. Jet skis are available. When I get home later.....I'll try and post some pictures. Cab drivers will take you there and come back for you. You don't have to pay until your return trip. Looking forward to going here again in June!

Archived