Internet cafe in Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman?

beau20

Putting finishing touches on planning for cruise on Century and making decisions on communications with the states. I know that I can use the internet on ship for emergencies but wanted more information on Internet Cafes in the ports of Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman. Does anyone have any recommendations for either of these two locations and some idea of the prices charged?

Hi Beau,

Most of the crew will know the best places to use on shore internet cafes. I usually ask my room steward to mark my site map for the island docking locations. They are very good about giving you good locations.

I'm sorry I can't give you any specifics but I think the crew is your best resource. On a couple of islands, I've even had free connections by going to the local library or state building/post office. In addition, these places were AC! It was great. Good luck and happy cruising.

I was in Ocho Rios on Emerald Princess. We were not docked at the downtown dock, but could see it. Before going ashore, I walked all the way forward in the promenade deck, and saw a man sitting on the most forward deck chair with a laptop. I asked him if the connection was good, and he said 'excellent, from that yellow building over there'! So, it might be free in Ocho Rios. EM

ME Guide,

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely ask some of the crew. On previous cruises I never thought to ask about the Internet since I always used my cellphone. I understand the rates in the Caribbean are high for cell calls. Looking forward to cruising again.

Beau

Archived