Henderson's Wharf (Baltimore) Kudos!!!

madelinerose

We are cruising out of Baltimore on April 2nd and from so many posters, it seems to me that my wife and I are the only ones staying at Henderson's Wharf. I'm not sure if the price is scaring everybody, however, for all the money I waste on the ship, what's an additional $50 to $75 more for a number one, just beautiful, re-done, traditional hotel.

We have our room facing the harbor....there are tons of little pubs and restaurants right outside the door and within walking distance, and Vino's Wine Bar next to the hotel.

We book this hotel before even seeing the Trip Advisor #1 rating. Anyway, we cannot wait to stay there. If anyone has plans to cruise out of Baltimore down the road, I will report back and post photos when we return from our cruise on April 11th.

Dave

We are cruising out of Baltimore on April 2nd and from so many posters, it seems to me that my wife and I are the only ones staying at Henderson's Wharf. I'm not sure if the price is scaring everybody, however, for all the money I waste on the ship, what's an additional $50 to $75 more for a number one, just beautiful, re-done, traditional hotel.

We have our room facing the harbor....there are tons of little pubs and restaurants right outside the door and within walking distance, and Vino's Wine Bar next to the hotel.

We book this hotel before even seeing the Trip Advisor #1 rating. Anyway, we cannot wait to stay there. If anyone has plans to cruise out of Baltimore down the road, I will report back and post photos when we return from our cruise on April 11th.

Dave

The Fells Point area is a fun place to be in the city. I am sure you will enjoy your stay.

We book this hotel before even seeing the Trip Advisor #1 rating. Anyway, we cannot wait to stay there. If anyone has plans to cruise out of Baltimore down the road, I will report back and post photos when we return from our cruise on April 11th. Dave

Dave, I couldn't agree more as evidenced by my highlights above. ;)

Looking forward to your review and your photos. Have a great cruise! ;)

Thanks again for the info. I don't think we've ever looked forward so much to our hotel stay as we are for Henderson's Wharf. I understand everyone has different tastes and different opinions on what they want to pay for a room, but we love traditional and this place just has that old, world style charm.

I totally understand that everyone has a different opinion as to what they feel is worth paying more for, or, wasting money on. There isn't a right or wrong answer, and that is why I do not give answers on those types of subjects.

To pay $50 to $75 more, as I posted earlier for such a hotel is worth it to us. I will take a ton of photos of the hotel and the area to post for you and others. Should be fun.

Paying an add'l $25 or $50/night is not the issue for us. It's the cost of parking for a 9 night cruise. We're booked at Brookshire Suites and they are allowing us to park our car for free for the entire cruise.

Do you know if Henderson Wharf has a park 'n cruise package?

Hello JerseyGirl...I totally understand your concern and I would agree with you 100% that if Henderson's Wharf does not have parking for people who will be driving down, it does not make sense to stay there.

I should have been more clear that it only makes sense if someone is flying down a day prior, and staying for one night before the cruise. Then, it might make the thinking process different.

If someone can park for free for the entire cruise at a hotel, I would choose it too. I am not sure if Henderson's Wharf has a park and cruise plan, but I will try and find out.

Dave

Paying an add'l $25 or $50/night is not the issue for us. It's the cost of parking for a 9 night cruise. We're booked at Brookshire Suites and they are allowing us to park our car for free for the entire cruise.

Do you know if Henderson Wharf has a park 'n cruise package?

Brookshire Suites is a good choice.

I just called Henderson's Wharf. There is no park & cruise package.

Archived