Former Celebrity Millienium Passengers

Milwaukeeee

Any former passengers checking this site?

Can you recommend where in "Select Dining" you would prefer to sit? Maybe because of windows, traffic, drafts, work stations etc.

Has anyone any sitting recommendations for the Olympic Dining Room?

Any former passengers familiar wih the 6-course special meal available in the Olympic?

Thanks for any help.

I don't think you necessarily get your choice in either place. I imagine that in select if you see one area you like more than others you could request that, but I'd imagine that might make for a bit if a delay.

In the Olympic you could always stop by and take a look at the room early in the day, or even on embarkation afternoon, and then ask one of the waiter's there if they could assign you a specific table.

Probably best to check these things out for yourself in any event as I know different people like different table selections for different reasons.

We've done the special wine dinner (offered only once per cruise) on most of our recent cruises and did it at the Olympic last March. We enjoy this quite a bit. I have a copy of the menu from last year's cruise (click here) and the photos adjacent to that have the every day ala carte and wine pairing menus too.

Thank you for such a quick reply. I tried to find out when the special 6-course with wine dinner would be and they (Celebrity) said you have to wait until you can do it in person on the embarkation day. We are not "special guests" as this is our first Celebrity cruise but our eighth cruise over-all. Again, thank you.

We recently ate in the Olympic and were seated by the windows fairly back towards the cooking area. There must have been an a/c vent next to our table because we were freezing throughout the dinner and it limited our enjoyment of the experience. (DH even had a jacket on and I had a wrap) I did complain to both the wait staff and head waiter (the head waiter said another table near a window was also complaining) but it remained freezing the whole time. In retrospect we should have insisted on moving.

Ask to speak to Nicolus, Asst. Matre D in Select Dining and I KNOW he will do everything he can to give you the table and time you want. He is very accommodating. He set us up in Select Dining and we really enjoyed our cruise and dinner mates.

Thank you for such a quick reply. I tried to find out when the special 6-course with wine dinner would be and they (Celebrity) said you have to wait until you can do it in person on the embarkation day. We are not "special guests" as this is our first Celebrity cruise but our eighth cruise over-all. Again, thank you.

I doubt there is a set schedule for this. Ask your wine steward at dinner about it, or better yet stop by the Olympic to check out the seating and such and ask about it there.

I don't think you necessarily get your choice in either place. I imagine that in select if you see one area you like more than others you could request that, but I'd imagine that might make for a bit if a delay.

In the Olympic you could always stop by and take a look at the room early in the day, or even on embarkation afternoon, and then ask one of the waiter's there if they could assign you a specific table.

Probably best to check these things out for yourself in any event as I know different people like different table selections for different reasons.

We've done the special wine dinner (offered only once per cruise) on most of our recent cruises and did it at the Olympic last March. We enjoy this quite a bit. I have a copy of the menu from last year's cruise (click here) and the photos adjacent to that have the every day ala carte and wine pairing menus too.

Thanks. What fun to read all the menus. You certainly have had quite a few wonderful trips. Thank goodness for the photos and all their memories. I'm getting more excited now that I've seen some clue about what might be ahead for us.

Ask to speak to Nicolus, Asst. Matre D in Select Dining and I KNOW he will do everything he can to give you the table and time you want. He is very accommodating. He set us up in Select Dining and we really enjoyed our cruise and dinner mates.

Thanks, I'll keep his name handy. Is Select dining one floor above the Metropolitan?

We were seated the first night all the way at the end by the big window and had Jorge and Ari serving us. We were so pleased that we requested them and that section every single night. Some nights we did have to wait but did so having drinks at the martini bar (no more than 15 minutes). Nicolus is wonderful and will try to please you in any way. I suggest asking him and not the hostess though.

We were seated the first night all the way at the end by the big window and had Jorge and Ari serving us. We were so pleased that we requested them and that section every single night. Some nights we did have to wait but did so having drinks at the martini bar (no more than 15 minutes). Nicolus is wonderful and will try to please you in any way. I suggest asking him and not the hostess though.

Wow...looks like another recommendation for Nicolus :)

That's a good hint to try to get by the ig window. Wonder if Jorge and Ari will be there in March. Thanks.

If you are looking for a table for two, there are many along the railing looking over the dining room below. We sat here (in late dining across the way) and enjoyed the view. We were right at the top of the stairs which was great for nights when they made announcements and close to the galley, so our food was always hot.

I can't say how busy select was but by the time we got to the dining room (8:30) there were always lots of tables to chose from.

Hope this helps!

We were on the Millie last month and found Select Dining to be extremely well run. The only night we had to wait for a table for two (even a few minutes) was the second formal night. Where you prefer to be seated is a personal choice. You might want to visit the dining area (deck 5 starboard in the MDR, I believe) on embarkation day. But depending on what time you dine, you may have to choose between your favorite area and prompt seating. BTW, we thought the food was the best we'd had for any recent Celebrity cruise.

Sheila

Archived