MSC in St Petersburg on a Monday

Misty1937

We are booked on Opera for the Baltic Capitals. We dock in St Petersburg on Monday 23rd May and the Hermitage is closed on Mondays:(. The private tour companies advised me they are unable to take us into the Hermitage but I believe the cruise ships may have an exemption and they will open a small area for them. Has anyone had this experience with MSC:confused:, at this stage I am still waiting for MSC to reply to my email asking them direct. This to us was one of the highlights and we will be so disappointed if we miss it.

I purposedly did not post this on the ports of call as it relates purely to MSC in case anyone wonders why I posted it here;).

Thanks in anticipation, Misty

Thanks for the reply, I was afraid they wouldn't open but was told they might just open 1 or so rooms for the cruise ships. Guess it is a good excuse to go on another cruise later when it will be open!!!

Thanks again, Misty

I have just received an email from MSC following my phone calls and they inform me they have a special arrangement with The Hermitage who will open for them on a closed day:):). I also have Alla checking if they can take us in too so one way or the other we will be able to see it. I thought I would post this in case others have the same query as I did as it is such wonderful news. To me and I think most people a visit to STP without seeing The Hermitage would be a real disappointment:(.

Cheers, Misty

Archived