St Thomas in April - Allure - best RCI tour?

UtahCruise

From what I can tell, the Allure docks at Crown Bay. Looking at google maps, it appears there is some sort of large shopping complex there, but its not really close to Charlotte Amalie (there is east and west?). Now, I'm going to guess there will be around 10,000+ folks hitting the islands, based on if there are 2 to 3 ships there. St Johns doesnt show the schedule yet but St Maartens has 3 ships so, its a good chance its close to the same.

I'm thinking its a good idea to use a RCI shore excursion, cheaper than flying to the next island...actually its two days of cruising sooo....its flying back to Florida and saying...that was short cruise...meaning if we literally miss the boat because of traffic and such.

Now, there are several excursions. We are a party of 3 adults, but not so interested in sitting on a beach all day, but more interested in seeing the island, the culture, the stuff that's there. Photo ops of places and things. And we are not avid shoppers either. Local crafts are nice, but....I dont go on vacation to buy booze or diamonds.

Several of the postings and replies talk about the beaches, and sure I wouldnt say we DONT want to see those, but just not spend the day there.

The tour over the other island I've read is more of a quick view of places and then spend it shopping or beaches.

So from a RCI excursion perspective...whats the best to do, and not spend $$$$ on just the tour itself.

Some of the tours say they drop you in Charlotte Amalie for shopping...so what about transportation back to Crown Bay? Ive seen some say its horrible and not fun, but...whos been there recently?

I've emailed some of the excursions places directly that are on the island with no response as well.

Archived