In Nassau on Valentines Day..

shellster1

Looks like there are only 2 ships on that day (we are on the Disney Dream). We really wanted to play in by ear regarding day passes, but are leaning towards the Sheraton. (I'm traveling with my 3 year old and my mom, who might have just a little trouble getting around.)

My questions are:

Even though there will be only 2 ships in port, would it be best to purchase in advance the day passes or day rooms, just because I am thinking it may be a busy 3 day weekend.

Do any of the resorts: Hilton, Wyndham and Sheraton even sell advance day passes?

Thanks everyone. :)

Looks like there are only 2 ships on that day (we are on the Disney Dream). We really wanted to play in by ear regarding day passes, but are leaning towards the Sheraton. (I'm traveling with my 3 year old and my mom, who might have just a little trouble getting around.)

My questions are:

Even though there will be only 2 ships in port, would it be best to purchase in advance the day passes or day rooms, just because I am thinking it may be a busy 3 day weekend.

Do any of the resorts: Hilton, Wyndham and Sheraton even sell advance day passes?

Thanks everyone. :)

I don't think you'll have a problem getting a day pass on your date. Although things will be starting to heat up, the big crowds won't come til a few weeks later.

Hilton DOES have an advance day pass thru Island Marketing.

Thanks Scubagirl.

You always have the best advice, and have answered so many of my questions so well in the past.

I have agreed with you on so many things...like I agree, you really can't do Atlantis in a day, and so on and so forth.

Here's one more question I just thought of:

The drive to the Sheraton or Wyndham. I think a cab would work best for our little family...but do I need to bring a booster seat? What's the law and even if it is not required, is it (relatively) safe for a child to travel with only a seat belt...regarding the distance and roads to and from the ports? Could I find a taxi equipped with a child seat? Thanks!

Obviously I know that a car seat is best and you can never predict what could happen, but I'm just wondering what most parents of 3 year olds do who want to use a cab. :)

Thanks Scubagirl.

You always have the best advice, and have answered so many of my questions so well in the past.

I have agreed with you on so many things...like I agree, you really can't do Atlantis in a day, and so on and so forth.

Here's one more question I just thought of:

The drive to the Sheraton or Wyndham. I think a cab would work best for our little family...but do I need to bring a booster seat? What's the law and even if it is not required, is it (relatively) safe for a child to travel with only a seat belt...regarding the distance and roads to and from the ports? Could I find a taxi equipped with a child seat? Thanks!

Obviously I know that a car seat is best and you can never predict what could happen, but I'm just wondering what most parents of 3 year olds do who want to use a cab. :)

The jitneys are easy, and are a great alternative to a cab. $1.25 pp.

If you decide on a cab, the vehicles queued up outside the the port are usually vans that fill up people going to the same destination, so it's probable that you will be sharing a van to the hotel. That being said, they cram as many people as they can into the van and do not provide car seats.

There is no telling whether or not your seat would have a shoulder strap necessary for a booster seat, as they are usually just the end seats on van benchseats.

Car seats are not legally necessary for cabs and jitneys.

Archived