Buck Island Snorkle

Andisue

We were on Summit especially to snorkle each day. We had the great fortune to sail to Buck Island on Jolly Roger w/Mike. We didn't realize it until we got there, but we had sailed with him 28 yrs ago. We ejoyed the short ride to the island w/6 other people. Mike and assistant were friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and played good music. We were the only boat and enjoyed incredible snorkeling until 2 other boats arrived right before we left. Both boats were packed with people and I was glad we were on our way out. The funny thing was that I had wanted to book on one of the advertised boats and would have missed a great opportunity. I highly recommend Jolly Roger if you love snorkeling, fun and rum punch.

We were on Summit especially to snorkle each day. We had the great fortune to sail to Buck Island on Jolly Roger w/Mike. We didn't realize it until we got there, but we had sailed with him 28 yrs ago. We ejoyed the short ride to the island w/6 other people. Mike and assistant were friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and played good music. We were the only boat and enjoyed incredible snorkeling until 2 other boats arrived right before we left. Both boats were packed with people and I was glad we were on our way out. The funny thing was that I had wanted to book on one of the advertised boats and would have missed a great opportunity. I highly recommend Jolly Roger if you love snorkeling, fun and rum punch.

Jolly Roger is in Barbados.Buck Island is 40,000 acres north end of St Croix.Where did your experience take place?

Jolly Roger is in Barbados.Buck Island is 40,000 acres north end of St Croix.Where did your experience take place?

I believe OP is referring to the Jolly Roger excursion to Buck Island in St. Croix. "Captain Mike" is a well regarded tour operator there.

I am sure there must be a Captain Mike on the Jolly Roger in Barbados, and it could have been presented in a less authorative voice. My Jolly Roger trip to Buck Island did leave out of St. Croix. I too, had almost reserved Big Beard who arrived at Buck Island as we were leaving. It appeared to be more of a party boat. Many more people, more nose, more glasses. Good thing to know your choices.

I am sure there must be a Captain Mike on the Jolly Roger in Barbados, and it could have been presented in a less authorative voice. My Jolly Roger trip to Buck Island did leave out of St. Croix. I too, had almost reserved Big Beard who arrived at Buck Island as we were leaving. It appeared to be more of a party boat. Many more people, more nose, more glasses. Good thing to know your choices.

It was a wonderful time on the Jolly Roger in Barbados!Everyone had lots of fun and lots of punch!Don't recall a Captain Mike though.There must be more than one Jolly Mike!:D

Archived