Deep sea fishing?

Lake-Cruiser

Hi all, seems we won't be going to Belize, but instead to Grand Caymen in Feb/March due to the tender fiasco.

We wanted to book a fishing trip but haven't found much in the way of reviews.

The two charters we're considering are Captain Marvin's and Grand Caymen cruise excursions with Captain Dwight.

Any thoughts, good or bad?

We've searched a lot of threads and can't find anything newer than 2 years old.

I can't comment on what deep sea fishing is like in those locales, but my husband went deep sea fishing in the Dominican last year. He has a pretty good constitution as far as sea sickness and he said the trip was awful!! He spent over $100 on this excursion and spent the whole time trying not to get sick after even taking gravol. He said he had never been in such rough, rolling waves. Not saying it would be the same in Grand Cayman, you might want to ask about this before you book deep sea fishing. He said he would never do it again.

I can't comment on what deep sea fishing is like in those locales, but my husband went deep sea fishing in the Dominican last year. He has a pretty good constitution as far as sea sickness and he said the trip was awful!! He spent over $100 on this excursion and spent the whole time trying not to get sick after even taking gravol. He said he had never been in such rough, rolling waves. Not saying it would be the same in Grand Cayman, you might want to ask about this before you book deep sea fishing. He said he would never do it again.

Thanks for your info.

I fished in the Caymans before. Water was fine but we only caught some cuda. The largest one was good size 3.5 to 4 ft long. The problem I would have fishing on a cruise is you can't take the fish back with you to eat on board.

Now going out to the flats bone for tarpon, permit or bone fishing would be a blast.

I fished in the Caymans before. Water was fine but we only caught some cuda. The largest one was good size 3.5 to 4 ft long. The problem I would have fishing on a cruise is you can't take the fish back with you to eat on board.

Now going out to the flats bone for tarpon, permit or bone fishing would be a blast.

Could you tell me what time of year you went and who you booked through. Please let me know any info that would help us decide. Thanks

We have several in our group who want to fish at one of our ports. I did some research and I would suggest checking out slackem charters, worldwidefishing dot com, and fishgrandcayman dot com.

I have decided that we are going to do this in Cozumel because the price seemed a little better and its the longest day we have, so we'd still have beach time after a 1/2 day trip.

I don't remember the name of the outfit I went on. It was spring time and we fished just outside of the wall. I was staying on the island so just took the fish back and the resort I was at cooked it up for the majority of people staying there.

I sure anyone of the boats on the island are fine.

I don't remember the name of the outfit I went on. It was spring time and we fished just outside of the wall. I was staying on the island so just took the fish back and the resort I was at cooked it up for the majority of people staying there.

I sure anyone of the boats on the island are fine.

:) Thank you for the info!

• 1 month later...

Black Princess Charters princess@candw.ky

DEEP SEA FISHING (40FT. SEARAY SPORTFISHERMAN)

Half Day 7:00 a.m. - noon or 1:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m. US$700 for up to 6 people.

Full Day 7:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. US$900.00

(16FT. BOAT)

Half Day US$250 up to 2 people

Full Day US$400

REEF FISHING

Half day 8:00 a.m. – noon, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m., or at night.

US$600.00 40ft. boat (up to 6 people)

Full day 8:00 a.m – 4:00 p.m.

US$800 40ft. boat

BONE & TARPON FISHING

US$350.00 24ft. boat (up to 4 people) . This trip is done at the same times as Reef Fishing.

FLY FISHING WITH CAPT. RONALD

E-Mail: flyfish@candw.ky Cell: (345) 916-5753 Tel: (345) 947-3146

SNORKELING - STINGRAY CITY, BARRIER REEF & CORAL GARDENS

Private charters available upon request up to 12 people on a 40ft. SeaRay.

Half day 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. or 1: p.m. – 5:00 p.m. US$600

Full day 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. US$800 includes lunch

CRUISING AND SIGHT SEEING

Half day 9:00am – 1:00pm or 1:00pm – 5:00pm US$550

Sailing and Private Dinner Cruises available on request.

TRIP SCHEDULES CAN BE REARRANGED TO ACCOMMODATE CRUISE SHIP PASSANGERS.

All fishing can be mixed with snorkeling.

Local accommodations are available upon request for US$95 per night for couples and singles without children only.

We can also arrange weddings, real or fake, and funerals too.

Archived