Help!! Leaving tomorrow!

pharbak

Hi all... Have been trying to rent a car in Barbados, and the agent said car would be at the Arrival Hall. Anyone heard of that? Also, are there rental cars to be had right where we get off the ship? Thought I might get a better deal booking ahead, but what are your thoughts???

Any help appreciated!!!

Patty

I would double check…because when they usually speak of the Arrival Hall…they are referring to the airport. But maybe it is the same thing. (you certainly don’t want to be shuttled to the airport to get your car)

When you exit your ship…there will be buses that will take you to the cruise terminal shopping area. As you enter you will follow the U around and exit out the other side. There you will see the car rental counters.

I rented from Stoutes…whom I emailed…and got a pretty nice price from.

One tip for driving down there…(especially the round-abouts) just remember the car on your right as always right…meaning yield to them.

Have fun

if you get this.. Mokes are fun..but be careful. Actually they aren't really True Mokes.. but are what I remember calling Cutoffs. small suzuki cars that have no doors or windows except the front windscreen, but a bit more stable than a true moke.

drive carefully and have fun.

Hello, Sunniebgi,

As "Barbadian" you maybe knowing where we can rent a bike for a day, when our cruise-ship OPERA arrives on April 8. So we can cycling in and around Bridgetown.

Thanks, Henri.

HI Henri,,

Sorry I haven't responded.. Renting bicycles is kind a new and different concept in Barbados. and I'm not sure there is a place around the cruise terminal.

The only advert I show for bike rentals in the telephone book is as follows..

Flex Bicycle tour and rentals..

http://www.barbados.org/flexbikerentals.com

on this same website.. http://www.barbados.org it does say that you can rent motorscooters and bicycles from the cruise terminal

I'm going to be there on Saturday, and will check it out (or try to).. and let you know further info.

later

• 2 weeks later...

Just double checked, there are no bike rentals in the port area.. I also understand that they had scooter rentals but due to insurance reasons they have taken those out as well.

I would recommend, if you really want to rent a bike, check with this flex bike rentals and see if they can rent to you to pick up in the port.

Good luck

We are renting from Stoutes at the terminal APRIL 03/05 GOLDEN PRINCESS. We want to tour the island along its coastline. It that a reasonable trip in terms of time, and should we travel the coast in a clockwise, or counter-clockwise direction.

Randy.

I think it's worth doing.. probably a good 4 hour trip if you do it leisurely and with a few stops. (possibly more, if you don't know where you are going)

I would suggest from the cruise port trip to go through Bridgetown, to the southcoast and go counter clockwise around the island. You might can skip part of St. Philip (go see Crane beach then head inland slightly and up towards the north of St. Philip and into St. John)

St. Joseph up into St. Lucy on the East Coast could get a little tricky but make sure you see Gays Cove/Cove Bay on the upper north east side of the island. Head around by Animal Flower Cave in the north and then head down the West coast.

Get a map, which you should get from the rental agency, enjoy.. and don't be afraid to stop and ask directions..

Enjoy

• 8 months later...

Archived