Fantasy, January 17, 2011. A few PHOTO'S

Sgtturner

My family and I loved our very first cruise on the Fantasy. Here are some photos.

We flew in Sunday, so we stayed at the King Charles Inn. (Great Hotel)

DSC_0423.jpg

The Fantasy, The check-in and boarding was very quick. We got to the docks around 11am, and were on the ship before lunch.

IMG_20110117_104209.jpg

Our room. Empress E234.

http://i1195.photobucket.com/albums/aa391/sgtturner/IMG_20110117_132556.jpg

Freeport

DSC_0058.jpg

Straw Market, Freeport. Pretty much a fle market, of Over priced stuff. Don't pay full price!

DSC_0057.jpg

Our taxi driver Miko. Best taxi driver we had. He drove us around the island, to see some of the other areas of the island. Also knows a great place to get 3 beers for 5 bucks. Riding around with him was the best part of our Freeport visit.

DSC_0114.jpg

Port Lucaya, Freeport. Just a bigger Straw Market. There is a free beach across from here.

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

Freeport.

DSC_0119.jpg

Nassau/Paradise Island.

Once you leave the boat, the channel you thru this building. If you want your passport stamped make a left out of the building and walk up to the soldier at the gate, and let him know you would like your passport stamped. He we tell you which door to go to.

DSC_0370.jpg

DSC_0379.jpg

DSC_0368.jpg

Dolphin Encounters, Blue Lagoon. We had a great time here.

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0220.jpg

We went the first week of January to Bahamas and Key West and had a blast. I was nervous I would be not like the Fantasy because she is smaller than the other Carnival ships we have sailed. However, I loved the Fantasy class ship more than I thought. The ship is beautiful and the rooms are comfortable and look new. I know she was refurbed in 2008 and they did a great job! I would recommend her to all and not to worry about the size or age. She is well taken care of!

I also kept all of my FunTimes from the Fantasy. I'll post then as soon as I can talk my wife into scanning them.

P.S. Attend the "Insider's guide to port shopping".

Also the wife and I got the hot stone massage on the ship.<-- but wait till your in a port to do it. Its a lot cheaper.

Will be there with you on March 6. Can't wait! My MIL paid for the cruise for the family, but she passed away the end of Sept. So it will be different.

We took my inlaws on their first cruise in 2003 for their 50th on the Fantasy. My FIL passed away in June eight weeks after a diagnosis of lung cancer, and in total disbelief my MIL was diagnosed with the same cancer in Aug. and passed away eight weeks later.

In July my oldest daughter was blessed with a miracle. She passed a massive bloodclot from her leg to both lungs. She was alone in the parking deck at work and passed out twice when it went through her heart. GOD IS GOOD!

So needless to say 2010 was a rough one. My husbands birthday is the 6th so we are going to count our blessings and celebrate Mom and Dad with a toast, and enjoy the first ship the step foot on.

Archived