Can you bring a clothes iron

darbs7

I've read no, and have never really wanted to travel with one anyway, not even a small one. We pack a steamer if we are going to take pictures or if DH is taking a suit. You can ask your room steward for one, and they will bring it for a time, and then pick it back up. We will do this on the 1st full sea day, and take care of all at one time.

My travel steamer is also a small iron and has always gotten through bag checks in my carryon. However, after a number of cruises since I purchased it I never once used the thing, so I finally wised up and now just leave it home so I don't have to lug it around with me. If you really need to press something your room steward can bring you an iron to use.

The cruise lines consider irons in cabins a fire hazzard. However, its more an electrical issue, as are industrial strength hair dryers. The more electrical devices passengers bring onboard, the more electricity consumed, and the more watts and amps are involved, potentially blowing fuses, perhaps wiping the power on an entire deck. Downy works fine, but a bottle weighs a couple of pounds, and with airline baggage fees being what they are, equals bucks. What I've used for years is the steam method. I hang a few pieces of clothing, suits, tuxes, formal dresses, shirts, blouses, shorts, etc. at a time from the handy retracting string, or door hooks in the bathroom. I turn on the shower and bath hot water, and close the bathroom door and let the steam build up. Twenty minutes or so later, I pull the clothing out, a couple of shakes and hang in the closet. Ship's water is distilled from sea water, and the gray waste water to filtered and discharged, so its eco friendly.;)

Archived