rhapsody of the seas for a 30 something

I am considering next year doing a South Pacific cruise on Rhapsody of the Seas having got their latest brochure and was wondering would you recommend that cruise ship for a person who will be in their mid thirties at that time most likely over Christmas 2012 as well as what to expect.They look a lot newer than anything P&O offer which I find wonderful.Any help would be most welcome.Also they offer a great price for single at only 100% over twin pricing coming from Carnival Australia it is 160% which is almost enough to send their solo travellers back to Asian Holidays

The Rhapsody of the Seas is an older ship in the royal caribbean fleet... I recommend the Radiance of the Seas which also ports out of Sydney. Sometimes brochures show both ships and when you look at the pictures, you may be seeing the Radiance. The South pacific is nice...just go with the open mind that you are going to a beach...there is very limited places for shopping on these small islands. If you like the beach and only the beach, then this itinerary is for you.

As far as being in your mid 30s and sailing over Christmas, if you love children, then there will be plenty of them running around the ship..lol! I'm not saying not to sail around Christmas time, but just be aware that there is going to be more families and children, then a single person like yourself. Whatever you choose, enjoy!

We totally loooooooved the Rhapsody.

Yes there will be alot of kids on the Xmas cruise. (we just did xmas 2010).

Loved the Rhapsody sooo much decided to get back on 13th -22nd Jan 2011 (yes 2 weeks later) on which of the 2400?? passengers there were 800 under 17s - thats alot of kids!!!

Cheers

Sharon

We're now looking at Radiance April 2012 - Sydney-Hawaii 18nights!!!

I went on the Rhapsody with my Mum in 2009 (I was late 20's) and loved it. Depends I think on who you are and what you want on a cruise ship. I loved the space, the fancy artworks on the walls, the corner to read your book and I enjoyed many of the activities on board too. And as you can see from my signature it is take 2 in 62 sleep. The first cruise was around NZ- a great one because of the cities and it is cool. This time Syd-Hawaii.

Addit- OK 67 sleeps...whoops

Archived