Which room to choose?

cruisinsly

Which room would you choose?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Which room would you choose?

• Room with an aft wrap around balcony
    • Room with an aft balcony

I know! I know! Some are probably tired of reading these types of questions. We have the cruise narrowed down, but not the room. We have stayed in an Aft balcony before and loved it. But I see where an Aft wrap around balcony is available. We spend a little time on the balcony. We go out when we get to a port and take pictures, look around, etc. We also sit out on the balcony when we are leaving a port. We sit out on it at night for a little while as we get ready for bed. We will use the balcony, but not huge amount of time will be spent on it. The price of a wrap around is $400 more than the Aft balcony. Is it worth it to get the bigger balcony? What are the pro's or con's if any? Thanks a lot for everyone's input!

I've been in both types of balconies and I prefer the aft wraps (if the funds allow). Depending on the ship, you get VIP status on some of the wraps. Also, the 270 degree views you get with the wraps allows you to follow the sun or shade much easier. Lastly, there is just soooooo much more room on the wrap balconies - you could literally have a party with 20+ people out on most of them.

I have been in both. For us, there are a few things that help us decided. The most important part to us in being in a cabin that the balconies can be opened up to each other as we cruise with our friends every year.

Last year, I deciced to SPLURGE for the Aft Wrap on Deck 8 of the Liberty. I was so bummed when we got to our room and I saw that the balconies were not able to be opened up to each other :eek:- STRIKE1. It was my fault for not reseaching this more as I am on these threads day n night. I am thinking it was mentioned briefly once on CC but I just breezed through it not wanting to believe it. When I asked my PVP, I was told they are able to be opened. But it was not to be.

Another thing was the configuration of the room, there was just not enough space, we acutally left cothes in our suitcase and pushed them under the bed so we could have more living space, we never had to do this in the Extended Afts that we usually book :eek:- STRIKE 2.

The chair scrapping form the Lido deck above us Late at night and first thing in the morning was the deal breaker :eek:- STRIKE 3.

We still enjoyed our cruise and our aft wrap, but we are happy to go back to the Extended as we have one booked in May of 2011 on the Dream, in a middle deck, right where we belong:D.

Hope this helps....

I have been in both. For us, there are a few things that help us decided. The most important part to us in being in a cabin that the balconies can be opened up to each other as we cruise with our friends every year.

Last year, I deciced to SPLURGE for the Aft Wrap on Deck 8 of the Liberty. I was so bummed when we got to our room and I saw that the balconies were not able to be opened up to each other :eek:- STRIKE1. It was my fault for not reseaching this more as I am on these threads day n night. I am thinking it was mentioned briefly once on CC but I just breezed through it not wanting to believe it. When I asked my PVP, I was told they are able to be opened. But it was not to be.

Another thing was the configuration of the room, there was just not enough space, we acutally left cothes in our suitcase and pushed them under the bed so we could have more living space, we never had to do this in the Extended Afts that we usually book :eek:- STRIKE 2.

The chair scrapping form the Lido deck above us Late at night and first thing in the morning was the deal breaker :eek:- STRIKE 3.

We still enjoyed our cruise and our aft wrap, but we are happy to go back to the Extended as we have one booked in May of 2011 on the Dream, in a middle deck, right where we belong:D.

Hope this helps....

That's weird - I had an aft wrap on the Liberty a couple years ago (Deck 7) that didn't have any of the issues you state. I guess we were lucky, since we were two floors below the Lido deck, therefore no chair noises. Also, we had the the wrap along with the three aft cabin immediately next to the aft wrap and we were able to open all the dividers. It was really cool being able to half almost half of the back of the ship to use as our own massive balcony. I guess not all the ships are able to do this. :(

LOVE the aft wrap. The 'normal' aft balconies are nothing special. I honestly don't know why they are better to people than a normal balcony. I don't like watching the wake, I don't like how it slopes, it's about the same size as a regular balcony room.

That's weird - I had an aft wrap on the Liberty a couple years ago (Deck 7) that didn't have any of the issues you state. I guess we were lucky, since we were two floors below the Lido deck, therefore no chair noises. Also, we had the the wrap along with the three aft cabin immediately next to the aft wrap and we were able to open all the dividers. It was really cool being able to half almost half of the back of the ship to use as our own massive balcony. I guess not all the ships are able to do this. :(

Yes, Deck 7 is TOTALLY different that Deck 8. Deck 7 was already booked, that is why we opted for 8. Not a good move on our part:D

LOVE the aft wrap. The 'normal' aft balconies are nothing special. I honestly don't know why they are better to people than a normal balcony. I don't like watching the wake, I don't like how it slopes, it's about the same size as a regular balcony room.

I agree, was sooo excited to get the aft extended balcony based on the comments here. Room was smaller than the regular balcony room on the previous cruise, the view was not good, and it lacked privacy.

I would try an aft wrap if the price is right but would not go back to the aft-extended.

Archived