Jolly Pirates

winphoenix

I want to do the Jolly Pirates tour and there is an excursion listed in my Celebrity stuff that is called "Sail, Snorkel, Swim & Swing!" Is this the Jolly Pirates? The description is the same, and the price is close enough that for timing I would just as soon book through the ship. TIA

Noelle

I am thinking that is the one! From their website title...

Aruba Jolly Pirates! Sail, Snorkel, Swim and Swing! Sail Aruba

http://www.jolly-pirates.com/web/Tours.php

Daily 9:30 AM - 2 PM $56 pp

Swim and Snorkel at three great sites:

Malmok, Boca Catalina and the FAMOUS 400ft WWII shipwreck, ANTILLA!

BBQ, Open Bar, Gear and Ropeswing!

I want to do the Jolly Pirates tour and there is an excursion listed in my Celebrity stuff that is called "Sail, Snorkel, Swim & Swing!" Is this the Jolly Pirates? The description is the same, and the price is close enough that for timing I would just as soon book through the ship. TIA

Noelle

Helle Noelle

I don't know if it's the same firm as you will use, but 1.25 - 3.00 on this

shows what looks like the same thing as you described. It's a fabulous day/experience.

All the best, Tony

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

We had booked the tour directly through Jolly Pirates, but they do handle the ship excursions. I think the only thing that was different on our tour was that we were served lunch and those that booked throught the ship were not. (They were on a different pirate ship leaving from the same dock as us.)

It's a fun day at sea! We had a blast.

• 2 weeks later...

We are doing Star Princess and would like not to do the ship tour using this company. Their tour is from 2 -6:15, includes transportation and one non alcohol drink.

The earlier tour at 9:30 -2 is open for us to do without using the ship. It is the same price but includes lunch and all the drinks. Not big drinkers and we can do lunch onboard, so this is not the deal maker either. Just like the early part of the day and then time to stay at the beach area longer after the trip.

Cabs charge a surcharge of 3$ each way since we are in Aruba on Sunday.

Someone said it costs 6$ pp each way to get to where Jolly Pirate is, by the Holiday Inn. Then I was told cab fees are not per person but per cab.

Can anyone verify this info?

Is the bus easy to find and to catch on a Sunday? What time would we need to be at the bus stop?

We are doing Star Princess and would like not to do the ship tour using this company. Their tour is from 2 -6:15, includes transportation and one non alcohol drink.

The earlier tour at 9:30 -2 is open for us to do without using the ship. It is the same price but includes lunch and all the drinks. Not big drinkers and we can do lunch onboard, so this is not the deal maker either. Just like the early part of the day and then time to stay at the beach area longer after the trip.

Cabs charge a surcharge of 3$ each way since we are in Aruba on Sunday.

Someone said it costs 6$ pp each way to get to where Jolly Pirate is, by the Holiday Inn. Then I was told cab fees are not per person but per cab.

Can anyone verify this info?

Is the bus easy to find and to catch on a Sunday? What time would we need to be at the bus stop?

Do it on your own!!!! Book with them on their web site, it is easy. We sailed with them two weeks ago and had a great time! They have an open bar and good food. People are well behaved and have a super time. We talked to the crew about them having two ships - one with the cruise lines and one for the general public. They highly recommended the general public ship.

Catch the bus right accross from the main street when you exit the port, easy to find. Cost is $2.30 for ROUND TRIP on the bus. Take the Number 10 bus to Palm Beach and get off at the Holiday Inn, it is a 10 minute ride and very safe and friendly.

Have fun, this is always the highlight our out trips to Aruba, they are SO FUN!!!

Bill

Taxi fare from the cruise terminal in Oranjestad to the Holiday Inn/MoomBa's for the Jolly Pirates is $11 each way. There is a $3 surcharge for Sundays and holidays. Fares are per taxi, NOT PER PERSON. Taxis by law may carry a maximum of 5 people.

Bus fare is $2.30 round-trip but allow yourself more time than you would for a taxi because of all the stops.

Take the bus to the beaches

Do it on your own!!!! Book with them on their web site, it is easy. We sailed with them two weeks ago and had a great time! They have an open bar and good food. People are well behaved and have a super time. We talked to the crew about them having two ships - one with the cruise lines and one for the general public. They highly recommended the general public ship.

Catch the bus right accross from the main street when you exit the port, easy to find. Cost is $2.30 for ROUND TRIP on the bus. Take the Number 10 bus to Palm Beach and get off at the Holiday Inn, it is a 10 minute ride and very safe and friendly.

Have fun, this is always the highlight our out trips to Aruba, they are SO FUN!!!

Bill

I read somewhere that if you are on CCL you have to go through CCL to book this excursion. If you don't Jolly Pirates will cancel your reservation. That's why I booked through CCL. Looking forward to it!:)

I read somewhere that if you are on CCL you have to go through CCL to book this excursion. If you don't Jolly Pirates will cancel your reservation. That's why I booked through CCL. Looking forward to it!:)

This IS true.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1225226

so does this mean you cant book jolly pirates independant if you are on a cruise???

depends on which cruise ship and which jolly cruise you are choosing.

Carnival has an "exclusive" for all Jolly Pirate Cruises.

Hope to welcome you aboard!

ONLY if you cruise with Carnival.

CCL stands for Carnival Cruise Lines, or am I missing something?

We did this on RRCL in January. I was pleasantly surprised to see a sign for them in town when we walked around later, and the price was higher -- maybe that included lunch?? I thought that was a first, a ship excursion being cheaper. We did not get lunch, but we did have an unlimited bar -- the drinks are tasty but very watered down. I know that the nice crew said that for some ship's excursions (Holland, iirc), they don't offer liquor -- evidently a cruise ship policy.

Archived