Girly Hair Tools! (sorry guys!)

ladyxsuebee

This is my first cruise (Cruise Virgin, woot!! :p ) As I was reading some of the posts, I saw someone mention something about a curling iron taken away, and also a straightening iron.

I have a Full Size Chi Blow Dryer, Straightening Iron and Curling Iron that I planned on bringing (didn't want to spend the money for the travel sizes just yet)

Do you think they might confiscate these?? They aren't exactly cheap and I didn't think I would have to worry about these things as Prohibited.....but from some of the comments because they are high powered, maybe they would?

Can any ladies that have cruised with similar tools give me the heads up what to expect or do??

Thanks so much!!

This is my first cruise (Cruise Virgin, woot!! :p ) As I was reading some of the posts, I saw someone mention something about a curling iron taken away, and also a straightening iron.

I have a Full Size Chi Blow Dryer, Straightening Iron and Curling Iron that I planned on bringing (didn't want to spend the money for the travel sizes just yet)

Do you think they might confiscate these?? They aren't exactly cheap and I didn't think I would have to worry about these things as Prohibited.....but from some of the comments because they are high powered, maybe they would?

Can any ladies that have cruised with similar tools give me the heads up what to expect or do??

Thanks so much!!

I don't know why this keeps coming up. :eek:

THEY ARE ALLOWED ON BOARD.

THEY ARE NOT PROHIBITED ITEMS, unless they pose a safety hazard, such as a frayed cord. This is all spelled out on the Carnival website as well. So please... feel free to take your straightener/flat iron, curling iron, hair dryer, with NO PROBLEMO. :D Enjoy!!!!

From Carnival.com:

Personal grooming devices such as hair dryers, flat and curling irons, shavers, etc., are allowed on board when used with proper caution. These devices should not be used when other electrical appliances are plugged in. However, if such devices are determined to pose a hazard, they will be removed and returned the last day of the cruise prior to debark.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?icid=CC_Header_466#q-545822

I just came back from a cruise, and I took my InStyler with me. I had no problems. I normally also take a hair dryer, but left it home for this cruise because the InStyler makes my hair look good even when it was a mess to start with. I left it out with no problems. As long as the cord isn't ripped, you're fine.

you should be fine as long as they are not damaged in any way.

pay no attention to those that seem annoyed by the same question coming up again and again, they need to learn to just skip the thread.:D

Keep in mind that on a ship, you can spend an hour fixing your hair---only to have it *undone* in a few minutes in humid conditions.

True! It's mainly for my bangs only really.......but the reason I asked is because I saw another post and someone said on the Carnival website the new rules say only a 700 watt device was allowed. Chi (which is what I own) is around 1200 watts.

So I was curious if they really check that.....or if it's just a formality in writing......

Archived