Pre-book tour or wait and see?

I&MsMom

I'm unsure how to handle this port. We will have a 6 year old and a 2 year old with us.

I e-mailed Reyno Tours, Lester Pond and Ken the negotiator. I had very specific questions/concerns relative to the kids and what would be suitable for them. Haven't heard from Reyno. The other two both responded with a very general "the kids are fine. don't worry, you'll have a great time."

While they may be exactly right, I'd like to base my decision on more factual information. What I don't want to do is get stuck with an all-day pre-set tour geared to adults. From what I've read, Trafalgar Falls is probably too much for my littlest one. The gorge is out.

I was thinking the Emerald Pool and Mr. Nice's fruit stand. Possibly the aerial tram, but I can't seem to find too much info. on this and I am very concerned about keeping the 2 year old seated and safe for 70 minutes.

Does anyone know if the tour operators mentioned so often and so highly on this board will provide an abbreviated tour? Can we just take the early segment (by that I mean, could they drop us off in Roseau after the Emerald Pool and before going to Trafalgar Falls? If yes, I would still be happy to pay the full pp fare, as I realize we will be taking the place of other customers.) Or, should I wait until we get there and negotiate something with one of the cab drivers?

Any thoughts or insights anyone can provide would be truly appreciated. Thanks much.

I'm in the same position as you are, I have a 3 & 5 year old and will be cruising in November. I did get an e-mail back from Lester Pond saying he would not charge for the children and the price varied as to how many people are on the tour. I'll probably book with Lester, and if it is raining I'll probably put the kids in Camp Carnival for the morning or afternoon. Or hire a Taxi to do a mini tour, then you can pick and choose what you want to do.

Good Luck!!!!

Archived