Messina

taramick

You can see the Messina Cathedral but why not go over to Taormina and see Mount Etna...awesome sight to see and the town is beautiful. From the top you can ride the cable car down for some more views.

Go to your roll call and get a group of 8 together. There are several tour operators/drivers that will take you to Taormina and Castelmora. They can offer you a full day private tour for half of what the ship charges and you go where you want, when you want. (no waiting for 100 people to go to the bathroom, get back late from shopping, etc.) The scenery is wonderful and these two towns are magnificient. The amphitheater in Taormina is beautiful with and incredible view.

Amy

Check the Port of Call Section, the Italy thread. There's lots of information on Messina.

We're doing a private tour with Mario Astone around Messina, Taormina and other sites in July. Some of our group want to just go to Mt. Etna and we're checking tours for that too, although we're leaning on them going on a ship's tour since Mt. Etna is a couple of hours away.

One thing about the astronomical clock in Messina though. It only performs at noon. If you look at alot of the canned tours they catch Messina at the very end just before re-boarding. Those tours do not see the astronomical clock display. So if it's important to you, either do on your own or arrange a private excursion.

I will be arriving in Messina in Sept on the Carnival Magic and was wonderring what there is to do and see in that city Thanks

you get a private driver and pay for a daylong tour of Taormina, Mt. Etna and all the little Sicilian villages along the way

Here are lots of pictures from Castelmola and Taormina

Messina, Sicily: Oct 22, 2009

Page 1, Mess 1, Mess 2, Mess 3, Mess 4, Mess 5

Mess 6, Mess 7, Mess 8, Mess 9, Mess 10

Thanks for the photos! They sure bring back memories from our trip there in 2010. We had very clear weather and you could clearly see Mt. Etna from Castelmola.

Amy

We have booked a private tour with Mario Astone for 50 euros per person for 4 or 5. If we have 6 it comes down to 45 euros.

Thanks so much for the pictures. I always like to see ahead where I will be going. It also gives me an idea of things I want to buy there. I loved the pottery photos.

We have booked a private tour with Mario Astone for 50 euros per person for 4 or 5. If we have 6 it comes down to 45 euros.

Thanks so much for the pictures. I always like to see ahead where I will be going. It also gives me an idea of things I want to buy there. I loved the pottery photos.

going on a cruise in March. How can I get in touch with Mario Astone? moore_k03 at yahoo.com

Kathy

Archived