Price Changes

fla742

We are booked on a B2B in June 2011 with reservations made in Dec 2010 and took advantage of Choice Air. It now appears that the base price of the cruise has been reduced. Do we have any recourse?

Are they still offering the same Choice Air promotion?

Are they still offering the same Choice Air promotion?

Yes and No. They've increased the Choice Air credit depending on your cabin level, but we would not be eligible for the increase anyway. However, it is not the Choice Air credit but rather the base cabin fare that bothers me.

Yes and No. They've increased the Choice Air credit depending on your cabin level, but we would not be eligible for the increase anyway. However, it is not the Choice Air credit but rather the base cabin fare that bothers me.

Which date? Azamara has not been lowering many rates. If you are outside final payment you should be able to get the reduction as RCCL brands have always allowed that. They used to guarantee prices up until sailing and they no longer do that unless you booked prior to May 17, 2010.

I see June 18 and June 25. I guess a call and you will find out.

It looks like I may have been mistaken. The lower price I saw didn't include port charges, etc.

I feel your pain. Why are airlines, cruise lines, auto dealers, ad infinitum, allowed to advertise a price when you cannot pay that amount and receive the advertised item.

It has gotten so bad with auto dealers who tack on prep charges, delivery charges, and documentation fees (basically charging you for preparing the paperwork required to complete the sale) that when I start negotiations I inform the salesperson that they should quote the amount that I will write my check for, and if they tack on additional charges, I will walk out and terminate negotiations.

I sympathize also with visitors from non US countries, who are used to having prices quoted inclusive of taxes, and go to a fast food place here to find that a menu item quoted as $4.99 ends up costing $5.45.

I'm ready to start the "What we say is what you pay" revolution. I'm mad as heck and I'm not going to take it any more!

Archived