Carnival Destiny

danman252

Hello

Im doing a B2B On the Carnival Destiny later this month, Ive been reading reviews on how bad the ship is (smells, old decor ect..). My question is, Is it really that bad lol

Thanks

No Destiny isn't as bad as some are letting on. She may need a little refurb. but... Every ship I've been on had a smell somewhere or another. Your B2B will be just fine. Enjoy every minute.....:)

I was on Destiny in Sept and have to say don't worry. Yes the decor is a little dated and you might notice the occasional smell (I noticed it on Decks 3-5 forward right next to the showroom entrance). I plan on returning to Destiny sometime in the near future.

Going on Destiny for second time, to me it's a fine ship. That "odor" has been on every ship I have been in a certain spot and only for a brief time. The service was excellent and the crew friendly. Go and enjoy and decide for yourself. Have a great cruise :)

I was on the destiny in nov. & she is a great ship, huge TV screen, great pools & hot tubs & the decor could be a lil dated but its great how the decor on every carnival ship is different! slight sewage smell during the muster drill but the rest of the time it wasn't a problem! you will enjoy the destiny! she is a big ship for a short cruise as well! thats my .2 cents

I love Destiny - people who are hyper-critical will always find SOMETHING to complain about - and I was a little worried before my cruise on her, too, due to some of the reviews. But nothing I read about (that was bad, anyway) happened ... every ship we've been on has that slight sewage smell somewhere at some time or another - it's a result of a "closed" system - but it isn't lasting and not strong at all - don't even worry about it. (yes, EVERY ship - NCL, RCCL, and CCL - all of them) You won't notice it near any food service areas and not in your cabin, either if you keep the toliet lid closed when you aren't using it.

All of Carnival's decor is a little funky - so I wouldn't consider it necessarily 'out of date'. The ship was clean, well maintained, and provided excellent service!

I felt the same way...reading the reviews thinking oh my! But I booked for Sept anyway! Figured try it out myself and judge.

But I hear the same thing said about the Fantasy class ships..run down, old, etc. I sail on the Paradise 3-4 times a year and I think the decor and everything is just fine for me!

I just got off the Destiny on Jan 29 and loved this ship. Would I do my house in that decour, no but I'm on vacation so who cares. The rugs in the coridors do need to be changed due to stains. I smelled a slight sewage smell a couple of times want to say like everyone else midship deck 4 and 5. It was never bad and never ever in stateroom or dinning areas. I found the crew very friendly and even got to chat with some during their time off on HMC. My impression is the crew is proud of their ship and work hard to keep everything clean.

hello

im doing a b2b on the carnival destiny later this month, ive been reading reviews on how bad the ship is (smells, old decor ect..). My question is, is it really that bad lol

thanks

thanks everyone for the great information, i cant wait!!

I did a back 2 back on the Destiny from Jan. 1-10th/2001. We did 5 day western to Ocho Rios and Grand Cayman and then 4 day to Key West and Cozumel.....

Although we have been on prettier ships, I liked her enough to get back on this March 7/2011. I didn't smell anything nasty. Food was great and ports amazing.

March , we are doing the Eastern Carribean. 5 nights to Half Moon Cay, Nassau and Grand Turk.

Oh, we were giving a fruit basket as a thanks for doing b2b. We got the fruitbasket the 1st night of the 2 second cruise....:D

Any Questions, please ask

Charleyann

YAY! I am doing Destiny April 23. People always gave victory a bad rap and we loved that one so I can't wait for Destiny.

I think that smell people smell is also fuel. It's on every ship to a degree. Like somebody said you can smell it at muster and I think it's because they are refueling.

I've done the Destiny twice and had a great time. You will find the pools to be small, sea days it looks like human soup. The lido area is kinda small compared to even the Fantasy class ships. The layout is kinda funky, but it gives you more to explore. Its got some great aft balconies with great pricing. The staff was friendly and very cool. I did love having a sofa in the room. You will have a blast.

Archived