Online payments

hmwinter85

I made my first online payment towards my cruise Monday night. As of this morning the payment has not shown up on the carnival site or my bank account. Does it normally take that long for payments to show up on carnival or do they normally show up right away?

I was doing a few other things while making the payment and there's a change I put all my info in without clicking the pay now button. :rolleyes: Just wanted to see what experience others had.

Mine payments are always immediate. And no, I have never received an e-mail confirmation. I would call and see if they received it. Check your credit card first to see if the payment went through.

Another sign the IT dept is bad at Carnival.. what other site doesnt give a automated email saying you paid?? I cant think of any.

I have paid off three cruises on line, and was able to print out a receipt right away. It has posted at my bank within 24 hours each time.

It could be a matter of how an individual bank posts their daily transactions. Using a debit card in each case with mine, Carnival has immediately taken the funds from our account.

So I checked with my bank and they never recieved my payment. I tried again to make an online payment and this time I was paying closer attention so I saw the tiny error message that came up: "Special occasion date invalid".

I called Carnival to make the payment. I got someone really helpful and had the payment made in less then a minute. I was told there is a glich with the website that if you have any special occasion listed (we had it listed we were celebrating our anniversay) the online payments will not go through. Seems stragne to me but I'll be calling in my payments from now on.

So I checked with my bank and they never recieved my payment. I tried again to make an online payment and this time I was paying closer attention so I saw the tiny error message that came up: "Special occasion date invalid".

I called Carnival to make the payment. I got someone really helpful and had the payment made in less then a minute. I was told there is a glich with the website that if you have any special occasion listed (we had it listed we were celebrating our anniversay) the online payments will not go through. Seems stragne to me but I'll be calling in my payments from now on.

That is good info to know for our cruise in 2012 for our daughters wedding!

Glad it all worked out, happy sailing and thanks for letting us know!

Wow, good to know. I will agree that when I purchased my vacation through my PVP, it took at least 2-3 days before it showed up on line. If it were not for my final confirmation email she sent along with my online AmEx statement, I would not have known the charge went through either. Another thing I noticed, the last time I was on Carnival, it took them a few days after the sailing, to post final charges to the credit card..

seems strange to you but it is par for the course.

I always say that a company that big with so much money cant get a website that works.

As soon as the majority of glitches are finally fixed they redesign the site and it starts all over again.

Pretty pathetic actually.

Bill

Archived