Has the smell issue on Solstice been resolved

scotslizzy

Thinking of booking our next med cruise on the solstice and remebered a thread about a certain smell on sky deck. This is the deck we are looking at so can anyone tell me if the problem has been sorted.

Thanks

Scotslizzy

We were on the Equinox about 3 months after it's launch and they were spraying all over our deck due to the Urine like smell. And 2 weeks ago on the Eclipse, deck 8 starboard, mid ship, it also smelled like urine. We were told it was the type of insulation they used. I suppose it will be on all S class ships. Never smelled anything in the cabins though.

Thanks for the update . We are just back from the Eclipse and never noticed any smell but then again we were not on deck 8 so I suppose that it does depend on what deck you are on.

Sky deck on the Solstice is the one we are loking at right now

Scotslizzy

• 6 months later...

Any updates on this? We were on the Equinox a couple years ago towards the aft and there was a terrible smell in the hallways. Made it uncomfortable going to/from our cabin. We had no issues in the cabin itself.

I remember reading afterwards that there were similar issues on the other S class ships.

Did Celebrity ever resolve these problems?

In June, we were on the Solstice and all over the ship. Didn't notice any odor problems. Everything seemed fine. You can look at lots of pictures from our cruise, its various areas, etc. We were very impressed with this ship, its design, maintenance, operations, staffing, etc.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Just back from a June 7-19 Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. These postings are now at 27,209 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

I've been on Solstice twice, Equinox and Eclipse, once each, and ready to go on Silhouette in October. I have never heard of this before and never smelled anything on any of the above ships.

Archived