Ruin tours and Explorer of the Seas

quiltsnh

Has anyone done any of the RCCL ruins tours and been aboard the Explorer??? I am wondering what time is required????? And if they found the arrival times and departure times coincide with the arrival times and departure times of the ship???

Thanx

We just came back from cruise in January on the Splendour of the Seas to the Western Caribbean. We took the tours to Kohnolich in Costa Maya and athe Jungle River Tour and Lamanai ruins in Belize. We took the shore excursions scheduled by RCCL and had no trouble getting back to the ship on time.

Cacky,

We'll be going on the Splendour of the Seas in late April and are considering taking the tour to the Kohunlich ruins. We're wondering how long the bus ride is there? I've heard around 2-3 hours each way and I'm wondering if it's worth it. Also, how was the ship? This will be our first cruise.

Mark

We took the Tulum tour on the VOyager- The bus/ferry ride took a total of 2 hours to get there and 2 hours to get back. We spent about 2 1/2 hours at the ruins. We thought it was very well worth the time and money that that excursion took.

The bus will stop at some toruist place. Save your bucks and buy stuff elsewhere as this place is VERY expensive. You can find the same stuff at the pier for almsot 75% cheaper. Example is the carved chess sets selling for 80- bucks. and the people would not come down in price at all. Same chess set sold at the pier for 20 bucks.

Archived