!st time doing Carnival cruise "Fantasy"

brendapap

This is our first time doing a Carnival Cruise.Can any one give me some pointers. Like how much for soda card. Do you get sodas with dinner for free. How does dinner work? We have done several Disney cruises and they rotate you in a different resturant each night. Is this what Carnival does?Any help on input is greatly appreciated.I also looked for a roll call for 4/17/05 Fantansy but could not find one. What kind of shows did you like, do they have a basketball court (for 16 year old son) how many pools, which one is the best, any hot tubs etc. Any thing you can add Please. Thanks Brenda

Can only answer a couple of questions, as I have not sailed that ship. You will dine in the same dining room/table throughout the cruise, unlike Disney. Of course, there are other dining options (buffet on lido deck), but I recommend the dining room for dinner, and, at least a few times, for breakfast and lunch. Also, sodas are not free in the dining room unless you are under age 12.

PS.....go to any travel agent and get a Carnival brochure so you can check out the deck plans (it's also on-line at Carnival.com, but I think the ones in the brochures are more detailed).

Well I have not been on Fanasty but I have been on her sister ships. There are 2 main dinning rooms and you are either assigned to one or the other for dinner though you may go to the other at lunch. No noticeable difference in the dinningrooms. The decor may be slightly different. then there is the lido restuarant-there you also find a pizza bar and a 24 hour icecream station that is self-serve.

The Disney ship is tons nicer with more eating choices I felt but then normally you pay more for Disney. I did love the animator's palette and Parrot Cay (I think that was the name) I loved being entertained with a show at dinner.

If you liked all the eating choices and how nice the ship was though-you may want to do a cruise on Carnival Miracle. That ship compares more favorably with Disney Wonder.

One thing though about Carnival is she does have great Los Vegas style shows-Disney's were good-but Disney themed.

I really do feel though you can have a good time on Carnival-just don't expect her to be Disney.

On the Carnival board there is a thread about Fanasty or Sovereign of the Seas-you may want to look at that. The thread is a little older so you may have to scan a few pages. It is titled Royal Caribbean Soverign of the Seas or Carnival Fanasty. You could too to find it easier just click on my profile and find all my posts.

Archived