Gem Owner's Suite Deck 9 or 10?

craig-n-carol

We stayed on deck 10 in the OS and loved it. We visited our neighbors downstairs and liked the deck 10 layout better, it seemed bigger. The only downside of the OS versus the DOS was that they are far from the courtyard and cagney's. When we went to the courtyard, we felt like visitors.

Not sure which one you booked. We were in OS 10004 on the Gem. Loved it! Plenty of pics in my webshots albums if you want to check them out.

Have a great time!!!

http://community.webshots.com/user/angeljt

We are in 10004 as well! Looks like you had a great time, thanks for the pics! :)

We are very excited about our trip, can't wait!

Am sailing in 3days, I intend to take many nice photos of this room with my new camera and hope to learn how to post the photos so that others can get a idea of what this room really looks like.

I would love to see the photos, enjoy your trip. We will be in the same OS, just in a year from now. You must be excited for your trip. Looking forward to hearing about your experience.

Thanks,

Craig

Am sailing in 3days, I intend to take many nice photos of this room with my new camera and hope to learn how to post the photos so that others can get a idea of what this room really looks like.

Hope you got to see my pics of 10004! It always adds to the excitement of having a cruise a few days away, at least for me! You'll have a great time! We had Putu for our butler and he was fantastic. He's probably on another ship by now though.

Have a great cruise, and enjoy that room!!!

We are in 10004 as well! Looks like you had a great time, thanks for the pics! :)

We are very excited about our trip, can't wait!

We did have a great time! Glad you liked the pics. You don't have long to go either! Wish I could say the same!

Have a great time!

I am booked in the owners suite, my brother booked in the next adjoining cabin,so we can be connected insuite.Can he embark onto the ship with me,using priority broading, or is he not allowed,as the adjoining cabin is a standard balcony? Certainly they wouldn't let him stay behind and board alone? Leaving in one day for saturday's sailing out of New York...Any info would be helpful :)

I am booked in the owners suite, my brother booked in the next adjoining cabin,so we can be connected insuite.Can he embark onto the ship with me,using priority broading, or is he not allowed,as the adjoining cabin is a standard balcony? Certainly they wouldn't let him stay behind and board alone? Leaving in one day for saturday's sailing out of New York...Any info would be helpful :)

You can always ask. They generally allow this if the second cabin is for your children, but it varies if the second cabin contains adults. We avoid this by booking the adjoining AC suite, so we all get suite benefits.

Robin

You can always ask. They generally allow this if the second cabin is for your children, but it varies if the second cabin contains adults. We avoid this by booking the adjoining AC suite, so we all get suite benefits.

Robin

he didnt want the connecting forward cabin,because it is much too windy on that forward balcony, and I agree with that, it is too windy to use that balcony for most of the voyage, so the side cabin and balcony was the only option, but the room will be tight,but he is in there alone....but thank you for the information, it was helpful,,,we will see what happens saturday.

• 5 months later...

My husband and I will be in a Deck 10 Owner's Suite in October. I always wake up before him and the fact that I can be in the living room/dining room or 2nd side deck and not disturb him was the contributing factor to our decision. Furthermore, we do like our "quiet time" and the idea that the DOS deck overlooks the pool; no way - not with the music they play and kids screaming in the pool. That's NOT for us.

Lastly, the thought of having to climb up and down stairs to get to an from our cabin....that seems crazy to us; poor configuration on NCL's part in my opinion.

We were in an OS on the Dawn a few years ago, and the 3 bottles of liquor and the mixers sure are a nice perk!

We are avid NCL cruisers, it's only NCL for us.

Happy cruising all!

We were in 10004 on the Gem and loved it! Plenty of space for both of you. I did miss the pocket doors they had on the Dawn. Seemed like a bit more insulation when he took naps, but you can always go out on the balcony if you want to make some noise! ;)

Have a great time!

Archived