Odyssey photos Jan 2011 & laundry suggestions

OD2

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but will soon find out. I'm not exactly certain where CC wants to put these photo slideshows.

To all who might be interested...further to my review (which I Just received confirmation had been accepted, although I now see some typos..oh well) of the Jan 4, 2011 Odyssey cruise, here's a photo slideshow I made of the ship on a new program promoted by TripAdvisor called WOW.

Alas, I couldn't get around the default setting which says the trip was in the United States, when in fact only the port of embarkation was in the US. We set sail from Ft Lauderdale, but then sailed to San Blas Islands and after that through the Panama canal, then down the west coast of South America to Ecuador, Peru and Chile, ending in Valparaiso, Chile. I have more photos of the ship but thought this might be a help if newbies want to see the interior of the ship and the cabins.

http://tripwow.tripadvisor.com/tripwow/ta-00d9-c9e0-0cfc?lm

If anyone has questions about the ship, just ask me.

I didn't take photos of the laundry rooms on Deck 5, although I was in them for quite a few hours! Plan on spending 3 hours to do one load of wash and dry it, because the machines are always so busy (on sea days especially). If you leave the laundry room others will take your wet wash out and leave it, or open your dryer to see if it is in use and forget to push the start button again. So you come back later and only to find you have another hour or so to finish the job, and other people are now aggravated because you are taking too long and they are awaiting their turn! After I saw what was happening, I just took a magazine and sat in the laundry room until it was all done. If your husband is with you maybe you can take turns watching your laundry's progress?

We will be on the Odyssey in 2012. Does the vibration problem still exist? Sorry to hear they have not solved the laundry problems that are the same on the triplets. We found ourselves doing laundry at midnight to avoid all the hassle.

Archived