Tax

klampetts

Is the soda card, and drinks taxable on a cruise?

If you buy the soda card in port once you first get on the ship it is... I know for Miami anyways... if you wait until you are in international waters there will be no tax...

If you buy the soda card before the ship leaves port, some ports charge a tax.

The only other time I ran into tax, was the cruise to nowhere, the duty free shops charged tax, because we would not be going thru customs, due to no ports, so we couldnt buy anything in the ports. I bought some secret deoderant ($8.50??!!) .. or some such horrible price.. and they charged me tax on top of the horrible price .. but what can you do if you forgot it. They were charging tax on booze and cigarettes to, but no limit, so you could buy as much as you wanted.

On my last cruise, Jan. 8th 2011, we got on board and I ordered a bucket of beer, ok not a soda card, and told the waiter, Mully, that I didn't want to pay the state tax. He said no problem, he'd put the transaction through after we left, and he did. Hey you have to save where you can.

If you buy the soda card before the ship leaves port, some ports charge a tax.

The only other time I ran into tax, was the cruise to nowhere, the duty free shops charged tax, because we would not be going thru customs, due to no ports, so we couldnt buy anything in the ports. I bought some secret deoderant ($8.50??!!) .. or some such horrible price.. and they charged me tax on top of the horrible price .. but what can you do if you forgot it. They were charging tax on booze and cigarettes to, but no limit, so you could buy as much as you wanted.

LOL, I am not gonna razz you about forgetting your deodorant!! ;)

Archived