Does Chankanaab get crowded when Allure is in port?

4getmenot

We are sailing into Cozumel on the Spirit on a day when the Allure is also in port. Our first choice would be to spend the day at Chankanaab but with the Allure passengers I am a little worried that the park is going to be over-run with people and there will be no space on the beach, crowded snorkeling, etc. I wouldn't mind paying a little extra for a day at a private resort like nachi cocom but if Chankanaab isn't too crowded that's would be my preference. Has anybody had any experiences?

I have checked the number of ships in port before going to Cozumel and it seems that it is impossible to really know which place will be crowded or not based on the ships and number of people (we are almost surprised how the crowds seems smaller than expected). I really don't think you should worry about it because there are so many things to do now in Cozumel that the chances of one place getting overly crowded is slim. We have been to Chankanaab many times and the crowd level has never been an issue at all (regardless of the # of ships). Chankanaab's service to the people on the chairs and umbrellas has always been excellent.

• 1 month later...

Just checked cruisett again, both the the Valor and Allure will be in port along with the Spirit. I really would love to do Chakanaab but in the interest of avoiding crowds, I'm seriously thinking about booking a private beach club...

Archived