Majesty of the Seas 1/31 Review

Majesty of the Seas 1/31/11

Background DH is 39 and I am 38. We have been on 1 previous RCL cruise, 1 Carnival and 1 NCL cruise.

We arrived in FLL a day early. We took SAS transportation and we were picked up within 10 minutes of calling. We won a hotel on priceline.com for $85 and stayed at the Courtyard Marriott downtown. This was a nice hotel –some reviews complained of noise, but we never noticed it. We had dinner at BubbaGumps and then headed back to our room.

DAY 1:

We used the hotel recommended shuttle bus for $5 per person. They arrived on time and we were at the pier around 11:10. We had a VERY small line and seemed to move from station to station quickly. I think we were on the ship by 11:30. We went up to the pool and had a drink, then ate at the windjammer for lunch. Had dinner in the dining room-I think I had prime rib. Every meal we had was wonderful. Our waiter Vicky was very organized, efficient and attentive. We actually had planned to only eat the MDR for 2 meals, but we added another because the atmosphere was so nice! We explored the ship, I think we played and lost at bingo that night

Day 2 Key West

We were up early, had BF in the windjammer and explored KW. We rented an electric car and drove around just to explore. We then headed to Cpt tonys and thenHog’s breath saloon after doing some shopping/walking. Overall just a leisurely day and it was a lot of fun!! We came back to the ship just about 30 minutes before boarding and the line was pretty long but seemed to move quickly. We napped and then had dinner in the Windjammer.

Day 3 NASSAU

We had no tours scheduled. DH wanted to see ATLANTIS and I really didn’t have a huge desire, so walked around for a bit, then I came back to the ship while he taxied to Atlantis. The poolside area was nice and quiet and I soaked up the sun and had a fruity drink while waiting for DH. I think this was the day for the men’s hot suff contest-very funny and cute.

Day 4 Coco Cay

This was my favorite day BY FAR. The water was so clear and shallow in a lot of areas that you could get out really far but only be up to your knees. We took the great advice of CC and kept walking far past and found the great, quiet areas! Lunch was typical picnic food but was really good for what it was. COCO loco’s were great as drink of the day! DH did the wave runner tour and had fun. I mostly walked around and just enjoyed the sunshine.

FOOD

I think the food was the best of all our cruises. We thought the MDR and windjammer had great choices and they seemed to keep everything fresh and didn’t seem as if it sat tooo long! Made to order eggs were a great touch. ALSO thanks to CC, I found the compass deli and had a Cuban sandwich and a 3 cheese Panini as a snack!! (you can’t go 2 hours without eating-can ya?)

Cabin

We had always gotten a balcony on our previous cruises. We decided to try an ocean view. Our cabin was 8552 and was an obstructed view-but really was NOT-view was great for the price/category. The room was small, but not as small as I thought it would be from reading here. We had room for our suitcases under the bed and in closet. NOVA was our room attendant and it seems as if when we left and were gone POOF our room was cleaned! AMAZING!:) There was a standard sized dryer in the drawer and not the usual “hotel” attached small one!

ENETERTAINMENT

We saw 2 shows and 1 comedian and all were very good. We went to several of the game shows, bingo, triva ect and found thos to be fun too!:)

We did express check out and were off the ship by 8:15. SAS was already there so we were off to FLL in no time and home wayyyyyyyyyyyy tooo soon! 

We booked a NEXTCRUISE and are thinking of Oasis and taking our daughter. I think we decided that RCL was our line and it just seems to fit us. We will stick with RCL from now on!

Any questions?? Just ask and I will try to answer.

This is my very first written cruise review!  I am sure I forgot something but I wanted to share my wonderful experience!!!

Glad to see your review Honeypie..

We were next door at Nassau on the Monarch! I also enjoyed the food, and the snorkleing in Coco Cay.

Pretty neat that we were looking each others ship over.... lol

I am booked on the Oasis for next year. Can't wait.. you will love it.

My feet were sore for a bit after Monarch, I will probably be REALLY sore after Oasis.. should be fun tho..

Dulcimergirl

CoCo Cay is my favorite part of the trip as well!

So you were able to comfortably snorkel, the water wasn't too cold?

We are taking our kids for the first time late February and I was afraid the water would be too cold to stay in the water for any length of time.

HI,

Yes, the water was cool, but it only takes moments to get used to it and then it was fine. As long as the sun is out and the breeze warm you will dry fast. I loved it, and took great underwater shots of all the fish.

The lifeguards feed them, so be sure to swim close to the lifeguard stations and the fish will come in large schools to swim with you. Fun to try to take photos with the angel fish as big as your hand trying to look into your face mask...lol

I adored Coco Cay, just watch out for the biting CocoLoco's.. they are dangerous...:D

I agree the water was plenty warm enough. We were out just swimming around for ateast an hour and no hint of chill. It's just like any water that isn't bathwater, it takes a bit to get used to but after that-no problems!

Have fun and @ Coco cay MAKE SURE YOU walk wayyyyyyy past the chairs and around where the beach is all private, quiet and the water really pretty!

ship pools for me were also pretty good. I only dipped my feet and never got totally under but it was warm enough that had I wanted to I don't think it would have been too bad at all!!

Majesty of the Seas 1/31/11

Background DH is 39 and I am 38. We have been on 1 previous RCL cruise, 1 Carnival and 1 NCL cruise.

We arrived in FLL a day early. We took SAS transportation and we were picked up within 10 minutes of calling. We won a hotel on priceline.com for $85 and stayed at the Courtyard Marriott downtown. This was a nice hotel –some reviews complained of noise, but we never noticed it. We had dinner at BubbaGumps and then headed back to our room.

DAY 1:

We used the hotel recommended shuttle bus for $5 per person. They arrived on time and we were at the pier around 11:10. We had a VERY small line and seemed to move from station to station quickly. I think we were on the ship by 11:30. We went up to the pool and had a drink, then ate at the windjammer for lunch. Had dinner in the dining room-I think I had prime rib. Every meal we had was wonderful. Our waiter Vicky was very organized, efficient and attentive. We actually had planned to only eat the MDR for 2 meals, but we added another because the atmosphere was so nice! We explored the ship, I think we played and lost at bingo that night

Day 2 Key West

We were up early, had BF in the windjammer and explored KW. We rented an electric car and drove around just to explore. We then headed to Cpt tonys and thenHog’s breath saloon after doing some shopping/walking. Overall just a leisurely day and it was a lot of fun!! We came back to the ship just about 30 minutes before boarding and the line was pretty long but seemed to move quickly. We napped and then had dinner in the Windjammer.

Day 3 NASSAU

We had no tours scheduled. DH wanted to see ATLANTIS and I really didn’t have a huge desire, so walked around for a bit, then I came back to the ship while he taxied to Atlantis. The poolside area was nice and quiet and I soaked up the sun and had a fruity drink while waiting for DH. I think this was the day for the men’s hot suff contest-very funny and cute.

Day 4 Coco Cay

This was my favorite day BY FAR. The water was so clear and shallow in a lot of areas that you could get out really far but only be up to your knees. We took the great advice of CC and kept walking far past and found the great, quiet areas! Lunch was typical picnic food but was really good for what it was. COCO loco’s were great as drink of the day! DH did the wave runner tour and had fun. I mostly walked around and just enjoyed the sunshine.

FOOD

I think the food was the best of all our cruises. We thought the MDR and windjammer had great choices and they seemed to keep everything fresh and didn’t seem as if it sat tooo long! Made to order eggs were a great touch. ALSO thanks to CC, I found the compass deli and had a Cuban sandwich and a 3 cheese Panini as a snack!! (you can’t go 2 hours without eating-can ya?)

Cabin

We had always gotten a balcony on our previous cruises. We decided to try an ocean view. Our cabin was 8552 and was an obstructed view-but really was NOT-view was great for the price/category. The room was small, but not as small as I thought it would be from reading here. We had room for our suitcases under the bed and in closet. NOVA was our room attendant and it seems as if when we left and were gone POOF our room was cleaned! AMAZING!:) There was a standard sized dryer in the drawer and not the usual “hotel” attached small one!

ENETERTAINMENT

We saw 2 shows and 1 comedian and all were very good. We went to several of the game shows, bingo, triva ect and found thos to be fun too!:)

We did express check out and were off the ship by 8:15. SAS was already there so we were off to FLL in no time and home wayyyyyyyyyyyy tooo soon! 

We booked a NEXTCRUISE and are thinking of Oasis and taking our daughter. I think we decided that RCL was our line and it just seems to fit us. We will stick with RCL from now on!

Any questions?? Just ask and I will try to answer.

This is my very first written cruise review!  I am sure I forgot something but I wanted to share my wonderful experience!!!

Thanks for the review! We will be sailing on Majesty March 14-18th for springbreak. We have also booked SAS transportation to get us from our hotel in Ft Lauderdale to the POM. We are sched for an 11am pick up and I was just hoping to find out how long of a drive it is from Ft Lauderdale to the POM? Just trying to figure out approximately what time we will arrive at the Port? Want to get onboard as soon as we can and start enjoying our cruise!

Thanks for the review! We will be sailing on Majesty March 14-18th for springbreak. We have also booked SAS transportation to get us from our hotel in Ft Lauderdale to the POM. We are sched for an 11am pick up and I was just hoping to find out how long of a drive it is from Ft Lauderdale to the POM? Just trying to figure out approximately what time we will arrive at the Port? Want to get onboard as soon as we can and start enjoying our cruise!

SAS had us from the Ft Lauderdale airport to the POM in about 30 minutes.

SAS had us from the Ft Lauderdale airport to the POM in about 30 minutes.

Thank you! Very helpful information to have....our pick up time is 11:00am so hopefully we will be at the port of Miami by noon. I am guessing we will be picking up other people since there are only 4 of us and I am betting they want that van full.

for honeypie72---I just LOVED reading your review. The Majesty of the Seas was the first ship I sailed on, a perfect ship for a first cruise. I had no complaints at all. Everything was wonderful from the food to the cabin, the steward service, the drinks, the shows, games, etc.

I will have the pleasure of sailing on this wonderful ship again in April for a short 3 night cruise.

Seems like they are always over too soon but what fun while there!!!

Happy Cruising,

Susan

Archived