Mexican Riviera info from NCL Star

Wanna_Cruize

Cross-posting here for informational purposes:

Hello from onboard the Star, just returning from the Mexican Riviera. Mimosa in hand as we wait to be cleared to disembark, I thought I'd post a few tidbits now, with a full review to follow in a couple of days, when I get access to a real keyboard.

Mazatlan:

The burning question, if it hasn't already been answered is Yes, we did stop at Mazatlan. We were greeted with a mariachi band, lots of local dignitaries, and lots of news reporters. I didn't hear of any incidents that happened, everyone seemed to have a good time. There were lots of federates present, and patrol boats protecting the yahoo at all times.

Port time vs. Ship time:

The first evening we were instructed to move our clocks ahead 1 hour (from pacific time to mountain time). This put us at the same time as our first 2 port stops, Cabo & Mazatlan. When we stopped at Puerto Vallarta they told us multiple times to stay on ship's time, which was 1 hour ahead of local time (PV is in the central time zone).

The ship is beautiful, and we had a wonderful time. More to come, menus etc later!

Cross-posting here for informational purposes:

Hello from onboard the Star, just returning from the Mexican Riviera. Mimosa in hand as we wait to be cleared to disembark, I thought I'd post a few tidbits now, with a full review to follow in a couple of days, when I get access to a real keyboard.

Mazatlan:

The burning question, if it hasn't already been answered is Yes, we did stop at Mazatlan. We were greeted with a mariachi band, lots of local dignitaries, and lots of news reporters. I didn't hear of any incidents that happened, everyone seemed to have a good time. There were lots of federates present, and patrol boats protecting the yahoo at all times.

Port time vs. Ship time:

The first evening we were instructed to move our clocks ahead 1 hour (from pacific time to mountain time). This put us at the same time as our first 2 port stops, Cabo & Mazatlan. When we stopped at Puerto Vallarta they told us multiple times to stay on ship's time, which was 1 hour ahead of local time (PV is in the central time zone).

The ship is beautiful, and we had a wonderful time. More to come, menus etc later!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for the info I have a group sailing next month. The ships time in Cabo (along with time needed to tender) is really confusing me. We wanted to do Pez gato 2 hour whale watch for 30.00 per person. It is at 2pm Cabo time and just not sure if we would make it. We can charter our own with same company, but it does cost a bit more...and still the question on what time do we want to depart, so we can get the most of our time in port. If you have any suggestions could you e-mail me...cooganbs@morrisville.edu.

Archived