EPIC Ice Bar

DieHardBuckeye

You can't make reservations before the cruise. It can only be done after boarding. I can't remember the cost but thinking it was about $20 a person which included two drinks. Drinks were good but the bar itself was very small. Just a tiny room with a couple of ice sculptures in it. I wore capris and sandels along with the provided coat and gloves. I thought for sure I would freeze my toes off but it was no big deal at all. I guess from living in the cold winters here that the ice bar didn't impress me. After we left I thought well that was pretty boring. LOL

I am going to try it. At least from what I've read the drinks are strong that are served inside the Ice Bar so if it doesn't do anything for me at least it'll get me a buzz to go from for the rest of the evening. (Yes I'm a lightweight.) :eek::D

Thanks for the price and reservation stuff people! I was wondering why I couldn't book it online. I can't imagine it fills up quickly on embarkation day does it??

If you don't mind me asking... when was your Epic sailing date? What were the demographics on your cruise? I'm going during Spring Break and well college kids do crazy things... I'm still a college kid (just non-traditional now) and well I did some crazy things so an ice bar is up that alley! :)

Do you recommend making reservations before boarding the cruise? What is the cost? Is it worth it? Thanks!!

You cannot make reservations ahead of time. Cost is $20 for two drinks. If you need additional, cost is $8.95 per drink + 15 percent gratuity. We made our reservation immediately upon boarding. Those that waited during our October cruise were shut out. During our session, it was packed and it was fun. It is probably the one thing that I would do again in a second if I were to cruise again on the Epic. If you have any other questions, just ask.

I enjoyed the ICE bar more than I thought I would. If you can bring a hat, I would. It will keep you inside longer. It really was fun and quite the rush to lower your body temp and drink vodka at the same time.

Very fun and a great photo oppourtunity too

It's sort of funny. I've seen a bunch of folks on here that really enjoyed the contrast of having the ice bar on a ship in the Caribbean. For others there just wasn't nearly enough novelty to it. Frankly, I moved to San Diego in part to avoid things that cold. We didn't visit.

I sorta worry about the ice glasses though. All I can picture is Fliick getting his tongue stuck to the flagpole in Christmas Story. :)

It's sort of funny. I've seen a bunch of folks on here that really enjoyed the contrast of having the ice bar on a ship in the Caribbean. For others there just wasn't nearly enough novelty to it. Frankly, I moved to San Diego in part to avoid things that cold. We didn't visit.

I sorta worry about the ice glasses though. All I can picture is Fliick getting his tongue stuck to the flagpole in Christmas Story. :)

I thought the same thing going in, but for whatever reason, it did not seem to be an issue with our group inside the bar.

But it would have been hysterical if it did.:D

Have been there. Thought the drinks were weak...but great photo opps. Didn't want to do it and wouldn't do it again....but since I'd never been in one, agreed to go. Coin toss as to advise yeah or nay.

My DH didn't want to go in AT. ALL but ended up loving it. We both ordered the non-alcoholic ones and had them add vodka. I walked outta there pretty darn tipsy. We'll definately be going again on our next cruise in February! The $20 is worth the alcohol and photo ops.

Archived