ES ? re #pax

jackdis

Hi Everyone!

ES has been very good to us, and I just had a thought. I always check for same category, same number of passengers (4). Has been unavailable on our cruise for quite some time now. BUT....still see same category available for 2 passengers. Does that count? I never thought it did, and know I could just submit, but you guys are always so quick to respond - and accurate!

Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

ES has been very good to us, and I just had a thought. I always check for same category, same number of passengers (4). Has been unavailable on our cruise for quite some time now. BUT....still see same category available for 2 passengers. Does that count? I never thought it did, and know I could just submit, but you guys are always so quick to respond - and accurate!

Thanks!

The price matching is for same ## passengers. A few have reported that they submitted for PAX 1 and 2 and gotten away with it, but generally no.

ken

The price matching is for same ## passengers. A few have reported that they submitted for PAX 1 and 2 and gotten away with it, but generally no.

ken

Ken,

We've done the first and second passenger in the past and received OBC, but I'm not sure if it would work now because the prices aren't broken down now like they used to be. Worth a try though! ;)

Ken,

We've done the first and second passenger in the past and received OBC, but I'm not sure if it would work now because the prices aren't broken down now like they used to be. Worth a try though! ;)

Paul - When I researched this within Carnival, the intended Policy is that the price-matching is for the combined increases/decreases for all the PAX in the cabin, which is consistent with the Terms & Conditions.

Having said that, there have been a number of reports, including yours, where the price adjustment was processed and granted based on only the PAX1 and PAX2 fare (but there also have been a number of disgruntled posters who were denied because the PAX 3 and 4 increase offset the PAX 1 and 2 decrease). Bottom line is probably "It is what you get - when in doubt, try anyway."

You're probably right about the new situation where they quote the combined cabin fare.

ken

Archived