Embark/Disembark on Starboard?

Darr83

Hi Everyone,

Finally got up the courage to post a question. This is our first cruise and the travel agent suggested that we get a cabin on the same side of the ship that is facing land when in port. which we thought was a good idea as well in case we stayed on the ship we could still see the place we were in.

My question is, by looking at our cabin on the deck plans, it looks like we are on the left (port?). Is that the side of the ship that would be facing the land?

we are taking the norweigan star to Alaska on May 14th from Vancouver. Our cabin is 10650.

I have already found so much useful information on these boards, I can't thank you all enough!

Darr

It depends on the port. In some ports the ship will dock with the port side against the dock, others with the starboard side. And the view of the port isn't always the best view.

In other words, don't worry about which side of the ship your cabin is on - your view will vary by the day.:) Besides, no matter what Alaska is wonderful.

Thank you very much! I do sometimes over plan things (according to my husband), so I think I will just sit back and enjoy the scenary!

If I think I missed anything, we will just have to go again!

Darr

Thank you very much! I do sometimes over plan things (according to my husband), so I think I will just sit back and enjoy the scenary!

If I think I missed anything, we will just have to go again!

Darr

Hey this is the board to plan things. Keep asking your questions - that's the point of Cruise Critic!:D

Archived