Booked cruise onboard and cannot change - Help!!

Elusive_Cruiser

My husband and I booked our next cruise, Jan-12 while onboard Jan-11, to enjoy all the benefits offered. We received the free category upgrade and got a C1 cabin for the price of a C3. While onboard, we had decided that we wanted a different cabin, which happened to be a C2. I kept checking down at the office and it was either very busy or closed, so I figured I would just take care of the change when we got home. When I called today, I was informed that the free category upgrade was only good while onboard, and for me to change now would cost me $200/pp, even tho what we want is actually a category below what we currently have.

Does anyone have any experience with this and is there a way that I can, at the very least, get a lateral change? At this point, I do not care that I am paying more for the C2 than if I would have booked that initially onboard - I just want a lateral move.

Unfortunately for you, the '' booking onboard '' protocol does have its restrictions and fine prints....to go along with all the perks you get out of it.

You've got a ''C 1 '' for the price of a '' C 3 '' , bottom line:cool:. Count your blessings.

And you now know much better than you did before: THAT too is a '' blessing'' that ought to serve you well during your future cruising activities.

Cheers

Life does present us with worse roadblocks, if you really stop and think about it.

:)

M class ship or S class? Lateral change to another C1 doable at no charge. Different cabin class most likely a higher charge or even lower cabin class than C2 to get by at same or less money. Whatever you do, you must keep the same booking number because the OBC is attached to that number.

We booked on Jan. 26 for next Jan. 14 while onboard the Connie. The following day I found out I needed to change my sailing date but was unable to get into the future cruise consultant since all appointments were full. I thought it no big deal I'd just handle it by phone when I returned home the next day. I lost about $200 since I didn't make the change onboard. Next time I would insist on speaking with "someone who could make adjustments" and make sure all my ducks were in a row before leaving the ship.

The experience did leave me with a bad taste in my mouth but by next year I'll forget all about it.

Thanks to the OP for bringing this up. A great reminder that in order to keep your on board booking benefits, make any changes while still on the ship.

Last year on Mercury we needed to go back to the cruise consultant to make a slight adjustment to our on board booking and could never find an open appointment time. I basically had to badger guest services to please get me in contact with someone who could help so I did not lose benefits by waiting till I got home.

Unfortunetely you loose your cat upgrade. The same happened to us. We booked 2A for the price of 2C. And got $300 OBC for 14 nights cruise. When we got home, we decided to change to the different sailing date. Besides loosing upgrade, I was paying higher price for the 2C cabin. I did the change anyway. But 2-3 months later, price dropped and i was paying less then my original booking was, I know I didn't get 2A, but I got one of the "sweet sixteen " cabins.

Unfortunetely you loose your cat upgrade. The same happened to us. We booked 2A for the price of 2C. And got $300 OBC for 14 nights cruise. When we got home, we decided to change to the different sailing date. Besides loosing upgrade, I was paying higher price for the 2C cabin. I did the change anyway. But 2-3 months later, price dropped and i was paying less then my original booking was, I know I didn't get 2A, but I got one of the "sweet sixteen " cabins.

• 3 weeks later...

Alas, if you do not like the answer the first time, try again!!

I moved my onboard booking to my TA and gave her my challenge. Some TAs are worth their weight in gold! She got me the cabin change I wanted, and I keep all of the benefits I received booking onboard. So, I now have a C2 but paid for a C3, plus I kept my $200 onboard credit. As well, I can continue to watch the C3 pricing for any future drop in price.

So there!!!

We wanted to sign up for a cruise to Norwegian fjords for 2011 but in Feb 2011 on our Infinity cruise that cruise was not listed yet. The onboard cruise consultant said the way to protect our onboard "rights" was to book a cruise already in the system including picking the cabin we wanted and then as soon as the real cruise came up on the schedule, to simply call and transfer the booking to the real cruise.

WELL--when my TA tried to do that, X said that was not their policy and they said they would honor the $100 deposit, the $100 OBC but not the 2 cat upgrade. My TA and I both conference called Captain's Club and they honored what we had been told and restored the 2 cat upgrade and the cabin we wanted. They apologized for the X Customer Service Dept staff being misinformed.

SO--try calling Captain's Club!!!

Good luck:)

Archived