Do They Do Makeup On The Allure Or Oasis?

luvmylilangels

Have you thought about going to a Lancome, Estee Lauder, etc. at your local mall? Make an appointment and tell them you would like advice about makeup application/products. They will most likely go thru an entire application with you, telling you your colors, etc. I would probably buy a product or two as they won't charge you for the appointment. Good luck.

Have you thought about going to a Lancome, Estee Lauder, etc. at your local mall? Make an appointment and tell them you would like advice about makeup application/products. They will most likely go thru an entire application with you, telling you your colors, etc. I would probably buy a product or two as they won't charge you for the appointment. Good luck.

I second this suggestion... this was one of my favorite pastimes as a teen :) I made an appointment at every makeup counter I could find, bought the product or two I liked the best, and eventually had a personalized arsenal.

Okay so I am a real doe doe head when it comes to make up guys. So if I go to one of these counters I will be able to learn how to apply it myself as well as learn what colors work. Sorry I just really never learned how to apply it lol! :D

Tell the girl (or guy! I've seen a few of those around lately) that you are very new to makeup and need a routine for a formal occasion that you'll be able to replicate with no experience... these people are pros and will be able to work something out for you. You can even specify which products you want to use... you don't HAVE to go all out and can just tell them you want to use a foundation, mascara, gloss, and blush... or less :)

If you have a Macy's close by they are having a gift with purchase event right now for Lancome. Even if you don't have a Macy's close by, you could visit another counter, see what you may need and order it through the Macy's web site. http://www1.macys.com/shop/beauty/featured-brands/lancome?id=28688&edge=hybrid

It's the only time I purchase makeup, I stock up on my needs and the gift with purchase is great for tucking into my travel bag. Other times I've found products I really like (Clinique as well) in the gift with purchase bags.

In the state of California, only licensed cosmeticians are allowed to apply makeup to your whole face to "sell" the face. The women (sometimes men) who are working behind the counters are many times very talented but may not be able to "sell" you the face. I've had some draw on a pre-printed paper where the colors go.

I've gone to department store events where they apply makeup and those people are all cosmeticians, I talked to one of them about the job, she told me they go all over the So Cal region every weekend to different stores. If you have an event like this in your area, sign up and go, especially Nordstrom, they have wonderful giveaways at these events.

Sephora is another great place to go for this. And because they have several lines and the people who work there aren't "tied" to a line (but may have their personal favorites) so they can use products from any line. Be sure to tell them what kind of look you are going for. One thing to remember is to focus on playing up one feature - like if you want smoky eyes, don't also go for super strong blush &/or lipstick.

Another thought is - do you have a friend or two whose make-up always looks great? Ask them for help or advice.

Keep in mind that the lighting in the dept stores and Sephora is usually different than what you will have at home or even on the ship. If you get home and decide you don't like a product or color of somthing within the week of your purchase (some may be longer), you can return it for a full refund. You will want to play with the make-up on your own so you'll be more comfortable on the ship with doing your own.

I've also seen some decent makeup hints and demonstrations on Youtube. I am as hair challenged as you are makeup challenged and have seen loads of both hair and makeup videos. Try a few, especially the eyeshadow and eyeliner application videos. That might be your biggest challenge when it comes to your makeup. I've used makeup for over 35 years and have learned a thing or two from the Youtube videos. Have fun! :)

While on The Serenade in August, the Concierge arranged for a makeup session on a formal night. By no means am I a newbie to makeup, but did the session just to see what was up. The makeup was done in the shop that sells those type of products. Well, was I embarassed...even to get from there to the room. At first, I looked as if I had nothing on. Then I explained my taste. That was the wrong thing to do. She went hogwild. Yes, you could see that I had eye shadow on but there was no blending. It took some doing to de-clown my face. The next night, I returned to the shop without saying anything but definitely gave her the opportunity to see how color could be worn.

My advice: follow the advice of TamTam (makeup session) but take it to another level by taking a camera with you so that you can be photographed (up close, and also about 8 feet away with eyes opened and closed). Take the 4 photos on the ship. The the makeup artist will have a guide.

Learning to apply makeup by looking at youtube was another great suggestion. Also take that to the next level by practicing every night. That's how I got started eons ago. Just remember that blending is the key when paired with a good set of brushes. If too much is applied just start taking small amounts off by gently dabbing with a damp cotton swab and continue to blend. Oh, wipe brushes between a tissue so as not to reapply while trying to tone down, and after each color change.

Good luck!!

Archived