Flowrider wipeouts

Cupcrazy

I'm new to RC and can't wait to have a go on the Flowrider. I know I'm going to fall. Has anyone of you fallen hard or seen anyone wipeout?

Here's a video I found on Youtube that made me think of this. The woman at 1:47 made me laugh pretty hard.

Wiped out and banged into the back wall, hard.

Not too painful as everything is well padded.

But, after a week of flowriding, and several falls, I definitely felt it. Being 39 is not like being 25. :mad:

Anyway I would still recommend that you try it.

Just off the FOS...one suggestion if your a female, make sure you wear a t-shirt and if your male, make sure your trunks are tied TIGHT! One poor woman was so concerned about making sure her bikini bottom was pulled up she didnt notice that her top had come off the important parts - gave flash photography new meaning, and I saw a few guys who didnt heed the male advise either!

It was however, a lot of fun!

I TOTALLY agree with making sure your shorts are tied tight. My husband went on it last year and his bathing suit fell down, showing his back side. Unfortunately there was a girl who was probably 12 or 13 watching him in line and is probably scarred for life!

There are cameras at the Flowrider location. You can watch people, live, in your cabin.

On Freedom in 2009, our 3 sons would watch the flowrider on their cabin TV while getting ready for dinner, etc. They called it the fail network because so many people wiped out pretty fast!

On Freedom in 2009, our 3 sons would watch the flowrider on their cabin TV while getting ready for dinner, etc. They called it the fail network because so many people wiped out pretty fast!

My husband was saying, "I'm glad there's no one here to watch!" because we did a private lesson. Then we found out about the in-room live feed! We were like :eek:

I would of thought this was included.....how much extra do they charge?

Donna

Private lessons are $60 for 1 hour per person and they need a minimum of 4 to hold the lesson. They do the sign ups so you don't have to find the other people.

They also rent it for $300 for an hour. You find the people and you do the math. If you find 10 people that's $30 each plus a tip.

My husband rides it 6.5 - 8 hours a day everyday on a 7 day trip. No this is not a typo. Plus he will do 1 - 3 private rentals while there. He's 53 and not in great shape, but has great balance!!!

Archived