Oahu: All day Trolly Tour

gracecarmo

When we were in Ohau years ago, we took an all day Trolly that stops at various sites in Oahu. Wondering if the Trolly is still in operation and if it is worth spending the day doing this. Has anyone recently done this type of tour? I would also like to go to China Town and re visit some of the places there.

Grace

Can't answer your questions regarding the trolley (besides that they're still in existence) but if you're going to be cruising, Chinatown is a walkable distance from the port of Honolulu (Aloha Tower)

Spleen

We're doing b/b cruises on Carnival Spirit in the fall. We have relatives staying in a timeshare near the Halekulani Hotel. Do you know if The Bus goes by and stops at Aloha Tower so that we could go back and forth from the ship to that area of Waikiki! We always rent a car but this time we thought maybe we'd forgo the hassle and just bus it if this seems feasible. The ship will be docked for two nights and three full days - Sunday, Monday, Tuesday at the pier. Thanks - again!

Ka Honu: We will be on the Summit (next Jan,06) but want to explore all our options in Oahu.

Questions: how far is the ship pier from Waikiki, and the Royal Hawaiian...travel time on The Bus? We are thinking of going to the Luau there but need to be back at the ship by 10:00 for sailing.

The Waikiki Trolly: is this a preferable option to The Bus?

Where is the Aloaha Tower?

Thanks for your help.

Grace

The bus takes about 20-25 minutes to go the 3-4 miles from Aloha Tower (downtown Honolulu - where most of the ships dock) to Waikiki (where the Royal Hawaiian is). I think the E bus runs every 15 minutes (Check the schedule at the link above) but not sure about the trolley (but the link above probably will have something). Bus is $2 each way - again, don't know about the trolley.

Ka: thanks for taking the time to answer. I think we may opt for the Luau at the Royal Hawaiian, even if it is more expensive than Paradise and Germaines. I get nervous if we are far away from the ship, and have fear of missing it!

Grace

Archived