Cruise ship musician (RCCL) found dead (suspected foul play) in Cozumel

bguppies

This will be my second time on Conquest. But my first Bahamas Cruise!!!

Normally we just get off at ports and walk around and shop. But we were thinking of doing something different since we will be bring our two young children 5 and 6..

Are you able to leave the kids on the ship, and not take them to the ports?

So if you know anything to do that is fun, places to avoid please let me know!!!

Is it better to book through carnival or wait till you get off the boat to do things?

Wow is this ever on the wrong thread. ;)

Exactly...

That is why I am stunned by how many people overreact to reports of violence in a port.

I am honestly more afraid in parts of most US cities, than any port I have visited on our cruises. (except Ocho Rios, which was ridiculous.Will never go back)

Majority of murders are committed by somebody the victim knew....

So.....

Bill

I use to live in Mexico and things have definitely changed. 34,000 people have lost their lives to the drug war in the last couple of years. Usually they were brutally murdered and their bodies put on public display. There have been a number of Americans who have died. The cartels are moving into cities such as Guadalajara and Acapulco which have been fairly violence free in the past. As you probably know, several cruise lines are pulling there west coast Mexican Rivera cruise ships out.

I love Mexico but I do think it is now a very dangerous place (becoming even more dangerous too) and the State Department has warned people traveling to Mexico to be aware of the risks and sometimes lack of local security in certain areas.

I use to live in Mexico and things have definitely changed. 34,000 people have lost their lives to the drug war in the last couple of years. Usually they were brutally murdered and their bodies put on public display. There have been a number of Americans who have died. The cartels are moving into cities such as Guadalajara and Acapulco which have been fairly violence free in the past. As you probably know, several cruise lines are pulling there west coast Mexican Rivera cruise ships out.

I love Mexico but I do think it is now a very dangerous place (becoming even more dangerous too) and the State Department has warned people traveling to Mexico to be aware of the risks and sometimes lack of local security in certain areas.

:confused:

Please tell me about your experiences in Ocho Rios...I have a cruise booked there! Better to be informed before I get there. It may determine what I plan to do while there. Thanks

We have been to Ocho Rios 2 times on carnival, we wont be going back again, didnt feel safe and didnt care for the drugs that were offered, we ended up going to a bar right by the ship...some love it there, We did like dunns river fall, but that was on our first time there. You will get all kinds of opinions!

Archived