Bon Voyage

Genner

Anyone know why spirits are not listed through Carnivals online Bon Voyage ? you can buy wine etc but not vodkas etc...

Do you have to call or is there a price list and an online ordering facility ?

There is a list floating around here, along with the phone number (or maybe someone will post it here for you). Try a Search for Bon Voyage alcohol. You do have to call, as they are not posted on their website.

Order liquor or any other Bon Voyage gift. Here is the phone number and Liquor menu with prices.

Bon Voyage - 800-522-7648

Price List as of 2/22/10

__________________________________________________ __

Rums:

Capt Morgan Spiced, Gosling, Appleton VX, Bacardi $40.

Malibu $55

Vodkas:

Absolute Citron, Stoli , Skye and Finlandia $40

Grey Goose, and 3 olives $60

Gin:

Beefeater $40

Slow Gin $40

Bombay Sapphire $55

Canadian Whiskeys:

Canadian Club and Seagram’s 7 $38

Crown Royal and Jamison $55

Bourbon:

Jack Daniels $65

Maker’s Mark $60

Jim Beam $38

Tequila:

1800 - $55

Margaritaville $40

Salsa Hornitas (Sp) $60

Patron Silver $70

Smirnoff Ice - Citrus $5.75

Beer:

Bud/Bud Light 16 ounce $5.75

Miller/Coors Reg/Lite 12 oz bottle $4.95

Heinekin 12 oz bottle $4.95

Amstel Reg/Lite - $4.95

Michelob Ultra $5.75 16 oz

Corona - 12 oz bottle - $4.95

Fosters - Large 750ML $6.75

Beer is sold as singles. The prices do not differ for a case.

Red Bull Reg/Sugar Free $4.75 (8.3 oz)

Mixers (soda’s/juices) are the same price as the bar. $1.95 for a can of soda and $1.75 for juice.

Fresh Lemon and lime can be ordered from Room Service

**Disclaimer** All prices and brands are subject to change

I found it last year somewhere on these boards but I was able to order Jack and have it waiting in the room for me. That was like 35.99 but cheaper than buying from the bar.

The Jack Daniels price is $55, I believe. It has been wrong on this list floating around for awhile now.

Cheers guyz, so it cant be done online and must be done by phone ?

Also have read that it is cheaper to order without local taxes just after leaving, is that right ?

Must be done on the phone, yes. You will pay taxes if you pre-order alcohol from Bon Voyage. Some have said they have ordered a bottle once on board (not from the gift shop) from room service I believe. You might not have to pay taxes then, not sure. I just pre-order from Bon Voyage and have it waiting in my room when I board.

The Jack Daniels price is $55, I believe. It has been wrong on this list floating around for awhile now.

Yes, it was $55 last February and $55 when I ordered it a few weeks ago. It has always been wrong on this list.

They also have regular Absolute for $40 as well.

Cruise'in out of San Juan several years ago, when we went to board-the duty free shop exit was 4 feet from ships entrance. with security standing right there! we were told "no problem" Went right through.

leaving feb 27th out of same port

does anyone know if this is still the case?

as stated above $40.00 sounds like alot for say, rum, but will save you almost $50.00/70.00 in drinks depending on your mix

but could get 3 bottles for that same price

if this is still allowed. more saved money (yes we tend to drink alot)

i ordered 3 bottles for our room and there was only two of us. Balck russians require vodka and kulhua and order a bottle of gin. they were there when we got to room. if you want something that you don't see on list just ask for it. I would imagine if the bottle is behind the bar it would be possible to buy one for your room. Just ask all they can say is no.

it was much cheaper buy bottles for room that hubby buying double black russians from bar.

I think a lot of the rules regarding the sale of alcohol are regulated by the state and possibly the city in which the port is located. In Alabama (port of Mobile) I think the liqour stores are all owned by the state of Alabama so I don't know how that would impact liqour sales by a non-state owned cruise line.

Additionally, I think most states regulate liqour sales over the internet differently than sale thru stores. I suspect that cruise line simply avoid the whole legal problems by simply not selling over the internet.

Add to that the fact that you are going to get comments on here from folks all over the country, regarding various ports and different cruise lines and you will get numerous answers regarding liqoour sales via internet and cruise line gift shops.

Is there anyway to get them to fax me a full list of what they carry? I've got pretty esoteric tastes and while I can be satisfied with what they list, I'd hate to not order something that I really enjoy because I didn't know they had it.

No one has answered the question as to why they don't list the booze on the web site. Any one know? :confused:

I've wondered this for awhile, and it has come up here on CC before, but to my knowledge, no one has answered that. I know they want you to spend the bigger bucks buying drinks on board, but their profit margin can also increase immensely if they post this on their website. They would have even more sales & make more money, I would think.

Is there anyway to get them to fax me a full list of what they carry? I've got pretty esoteric tastes and while I can be satisfied with what they list, I'd hate to not order something that I really enjoy because I didn't know they had it.

I don't think anyone has been successful with that either. It's a big secret...LOL. If there's something you want, just call & ask them. Everyone I have talked to there has been very friendly. Not everything is on that list; it's just a list that someone put together here on CC.

We just ordered from Bon Voyage for our May cruise, figured I would update you guys with the prices we paid... similar to the list, just a little bit higher:

Both Absolut and Bacardi were $42.40 each

Disaronno (Amaretto) was $47.70

Patron Silver was $74.20

If that sounds steep, they are all 1L bottles istead of 750mL and besides, it will still sav eus $ over our $1100+ bar tab we had last time... lol

I just ordered this morning and have two updates (albeit mildly contradictory from the PP).

Jack Daniels was 55 dollars

I also was able to order Kahlua 1 litre was 55 dollars as well.

However these prices were before tax. I ordered a bottle of Disaronno (45.00) as well and my total including tax was 165.85

i ordered 3 bottles for our room and there was only two of us. Balck russians require vodka and kulhua and order a bottle of gin. they were there when we got to room. if you want something that you don't see on list just ask for it. I would imagine if the bottle is behind the bar it would be possible to buy one for your room. Just ask all they can say is no.

it was much cheaper buy bottles for room that hubby buying double black russians from bar.

I called Bon Voyage yesterday and asked about ordering Vanilla Vodka and they said they don't have it. She did inform me that orders have to be placed at least 2 days before departure.

I also asked about the soda card since I couldn't find a price or how to order it on the website. The soda card can be ordered through Bon Voyage for $34.50 for a 5 night cruise (less for kids) or you can get 4 soda coupons for $7.75.

The phone number is: 800-522-7648. They are open 9am to 6pm EST.

Anyone know why spirits are not listed through Carnivals online Bon Voyage ? you can buy wine etc but not vodkas etc...

Do you have to call or is there a price list and an online ordering facility ?

Here's a link to the Carnival Funville forum. Move down a few and you'll find the price list.

I don't know about others, but the price list for Vodka is the same today...I ordered a bottle of it for our Pride cruise in January this year and paid the price posted.

Call them...they have other items....

Nothing is posted online..too many variables, I'd guess.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/forums/p/115124/694125.aspx

Archived